DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help to connect my Mini 3 Pro w/ RC remote to phone cell service

atgriffis

Reactions
Can some Please tell me how to pair my Android Galaxy S10 Phone to my Mini 3 pro w RC screen remote, After about 6 to 10 flights it will go in restrition mode Not go above 99 ft high. then asking me to log in to unlock it. If i had the cell phone connected i could use my 3 or 4 G service to log in then go fly. PS Had the Phantom 3 Advance over 5 years never had that problem.

Thanks Andy

Can some Please tell me how to pair my Android Galaxy S10 Phone to my Mini 3 pro w RC screen remote, After about 6 to 10 flights it will go in restrition mode Not go above 99 ft high. then asking me to log in to unlock it. If i had the cell phone connected i could use my 3 or 4 G service to log in then go fly. PS Had the Phantom 3 Advance over 5 years never had that problem.

Thanks Andy
Assuming your Galaxy S10 supports being a wifi hotspot, you would just enable that (it would depend on what version of Android you are running), and then on the RC, swipe down from the top of the screen and enable wifi and choose your phone hotspot and enter the password.

Given this article from Verizon:

It would seem that it does support being a hotspot.

You need to log into your DJI account. Do that at home or work, before you go out in the field to fly. Use the RC controller and connect to wifi. (Swipe down twice from the top of the screen to find the wifi button.} Open the Fly app and log in when prompted.

Reactions: atgriffis
thank you for the input. But when i just have my Data only turned on my phone then go to the phone then turn on mobile Hotspot then go On the RC Controler hit Wi fi THEN try to turn on "Mobile Data" It will not turn on

The Mini 3 firmware automatically turns wifi and bluetooth off after connecting. It's an "improvement" DJI did as a response to the terrible range the Mini 3 got in the beginning. You need to turn those back on in the RC after taking flight.

thank you for the input. But when i just have my Data only turned on my phone then go to the phone then turn on mobile Hotspot then go On the RC Controler hit Wi fi THEN try to turn on "Mobile Data" It will not turn on
If you have wifi available, leave your phone out of the process and log into a wifi network directly with the controller and then log into your DJI account. Once you've done that, you can fly with just the controller and no phone need be involved.

You can't use mobile data on the controller unless you have a mobile data account specifically for the controller and a plug-in device for the cellular connection. As far as I know, that feature isn't supported yet. You don't need it, though.

Last edited:
If you have wifi available, leave your phone out of the process and log into a wifi network directly with the controller and then log into your DJI account. Once you've done that, you can fly with just the controller and no phone need be involved.

You can't use mobile data on the controller unless you have a mobile data account specifically for the controller and a plug-in device for the cellular connection. As far as I know, that feature isn't supported yet. You don't need it, though.

Just to be a little more precise - you can't use mobile data DIRECTLY on the controller. It does not have a SIM card (at least not in the US as far as I know). But you CAN use mobile data using your phone as a wifi hot spot, same as if you were at home.

I think the advice to just do it at home connected to your home wifi is the best advice and certainly the simplest.

Thanks for the info. the ONLY reason i would need my phone to Hot spot to the RC controller is the few occasions when i'm away from my home/office Wi FI and the drone ask to Log in my account to unlock the 99 ft. restrictive altitude and distance. & live Google Maps for some folks. Guessing this is not a common thing people do w/ the RC controller.

Thanks for the info. the ONLY reason i would need my phone to Hot spot to the RC controller is the few occasions when i'm away from my home/office Wi FI and the drone ask to Log in my account to unlock the 99 ft. restrictive altitude and distance. & live Google Maps for some folks. Guessing this is not a common thing people do w/ the RC controller.
As long as you fly reasonably frequently I don't think this will be an issue. If you haven't flown in a while I would just fire up the RC at home to make sure you are logged in and you should be good to go.

I'm not sure what the frequency of DJI forcing you to login is but my experience is it does not happen often if you fly regularly.

Beyond it initial log-in with a new drone, I've had to repeat the process only once. I think there may be a time limit between flights with a particular drone beyond which DJI requires a new log-in.

(I'm seeing that @rwilliam99 just made a similar comment.)

As for maps, I try to pre-load the area where I intend to fly before leaving home. It's probably a good idea for us to fire up the drone at home and check things before embarking on a significant trip or flight session.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4