DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP! VIDEO TRANSMISSION

Snabla44

Reactions
I apologize if I'm duplicating a post. My Mavic air loses its video transmission as soon as it lifts off the ground. This is a frustrating issue, I sent my original Mavic back to DJI and they sent me a replacement which I wasnt to happy about. Apparently some board was no good. My new drone is doing the same exact thing the original one was doing. I'm convinced they put the bad parts in a new drone body and sent it back to me. I've tried everything different SD Cards, cables, no SD Card, calibrating IMU, Compass, change location of flight and still lose Video transmission as soon as I lift off regardless of how close I am to the drone, I changed channels 2.4, 5.8 no improvement. Please Help someone, I'm at my wits end. And by the way I flew the drone for several months without any issues, not sure what happened, no crashes or trauma ever sustained.

I’ve never heard that DJI would take the time required to remove bad parts from one ac and install them in another one, then put it in a box and send it back to you.
Probably the better choice would be to not accept the new bad one, put it in a box and send it off. If they send you another bad one, please report back.

Something else to consider may be to purchase from a source like Costco or Best Buy. At that point, the return process is instant.

Reactions: MavicFlyer
What device are you using for the go4 app? Sounds like the only variable you haven’t eliminated.

What device are you using for the go4 app? Sounds like the only variable you haven’t eliminated.
I was thinking about that too. One way to see if there is a problem with the Mavic, is to check the SD Card. If you have perfect (technically spoken) footage on there, it looks more like a problem with the device used in the controler.
I have a small tablet and my phone. If I use the tablet, I do have video-breaks, if I use my phone I don't have it, so the problem obviously (in my case) is the tablet. Have you checked that option?

I am really surprise that you didn't checked if the issue is present with any other device - tablet/phone but sent the drone back to dji instead.

I apologize if I'm duplicating a post. My Mavic air loses its video transmission as soon as it lifts off the ground. This is a frustrating issue, I sent my original Mavic back to DJI and they sent me a replacement which I wasnt to happy about. Apparently some board was no good. My new drone is doing the same exact thing the original one was doing. I'm convinced they put the bad parts in a new drone body and sent it back to me. I've tried everything different SD Cards, cables, no SD Card, calibrating IMU, Compass, change location of flight and still lose Video transmission as soon as I lift off regardless of how close I am to the drone, I changed channels 2.4, 5.8 no improvement. Please Help someone, I'm at my wits end. And by the way I flew the drone for several months without any issues, not sure what happened, no crashes or trauma ever sustained.
Assume you put your tablet/phone into airplane mode before take off?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02