DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

help with mini 2

teccer

Reactions
my mini 2 when I yaw 360 degrees it will not turn in situe but will turn in a big circle, so this morning I recalabrated the IMU, now besides getting the big circle I'm also getting shakes and motor revs, see and hear the video.
I've recalibrated it twice more with the same results, but noticed that when calibrating on it's side it's not level but tipped a bit to one side, do I need to prop it up under the arm to keep it level?
22 satellites gps
edit, the thing is when I flew on it's last flight 2 days ago there was no problem with the reving/dropping/hunting? of the motors only the 360 circle, it has only started when I recalibrated which I have just done again leaving the prop holder on this time which kept the mini level when on it's side, still no difference, checked the props all ok, they haven't touched anything to cause any problem

Last edited:
Yaw is controlled by torque allowing the aircraft to spin around its vertical axis and a number of elements come into play including the state of the propellers, ESCs, motors and IMU. The simplest to check is the propellers, which can give you the symptoms you’re seeing.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Which of below stick mode do you use for your controller?

If mode 1 is used a small "ghost" input might be created wrongly in the AC forward direction from the same stick... that would create that circling instead of a clean rotation.

1614772768301.png

Just out of curiousity what happens if you apply full clock wise yaw do you get a circle rather than a spin?
What happens you you apply right 'roll' (side movement) with the right joystick.

Have you, if possible, calibrated the controller/joysticks?

Just out of curiousity what happens if you apply full clock wise yaw do you get a circle rather than a spin?
What happens you you apply right 'roll' (side movement) with the right joystick.
Which of below stick mode do you use for your controller?

If mode 1 is used a small "ghost" input might be created wrongly in the AC forward direction from the same stick... that would create that circling instead of a clean rotation.

View attachment 124989
I use the normal mode 2, see next post below

Have you, if possible, calibrated the controller/joysticks?
this afternoon I done just that and still get the same results a meter + circle but saying that if I gave a small tad forward on right stick I would get the same circle but a smooth 1 meter circle, so thinking it might be a joystick problem so just now (dark outside) I've recalabrated the sticks, tomorrow I'll try it again.
while I was out this afternoon I had a good play with it and everything is working perfectly except for the yaw problem

works as it should, perfect.
ray

Sorry I meant if you applied slight right roll to counter the seeming left roll that it is shown in the video. i.e. yaw and commanded roll simultaneously.

Sorry I meant if you applied slight right roll to counter the seeming left roll that it is shown in the video. i.e. yaw and commanded roll simultaneously.
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks.
BTW this is my info about the mini 2
mini 2 about info.jpg
the video sticker is to remind me to switch on video, when I was using Litchi it came on at take off and switched off on landing automaticaly

Last edited:
I tried your suggestion and all that happend was it moved over to the Right but carried on turning in a left circle.
after calibrating my sticks last night, the circle is a lot smaller, if I yaw to the left it turns on the axis of the back left motor, if I do it slowly it works as normal.
this is a unedited video, does anybody else have this problem, I've had it since I've had the mini 2 weeks ago
https://youtu.be/31LMF4c6QEU

I tried your suggestion and all that happend was it moved over to the Right but carried on turning in a left circle.
after calibrating my sticks last night, the circle is a lot smaller, if I yaw to the left it turns on the axis of the back left motor, if I do it slowly it works as normal.
this is a unedited video, does anybody else have this problem, I've had it since I've had the mini 2 weeks ago
https://youtu.be/31LMF4c6QEU
Put up a flight log from one of these try outs ... easy to see there if the stick function properly or not.

Check out here on how to retrieve from the mobile device you flew with (read under section 3.) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide then attach the .TXT file here in a new post.

Reactions: Thomas B
Put up a flight log from one of these try outs ... easy to see there if the stick function properly or not.

Check out here on how to retrieve from the mobile device you flew with (read under section 3.) --> Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide then attach the .TXT file here in a new post.
I've done my best but at nearly 80 all that is beyond me

Using an android phone and a windows computer the logs can be found by connecting the phone to the computer via USB and then in "My computer" opening the series of folders shown in the attached.
If you are using anything Apple then perhaps someone would post the screen capture etc for that, it needs itunes I think.

Attachments

• 04 Fly app path to mini flight logs.png
    04 Fly app path to mini flight logs.png
    102 KB · Views: 8
the problem was I used a normal usb cable now I've used a data cable and hope this is what you asked for.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-04_[15-00-30][1].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Yep it is what is wanted to see the joystick inputs (if they are available via airdata).

the problem was I used a normal usb cable now I've used a data cable and hope this is what you asked for.
No sorry ... no other inputs is visible besides the yaw (left stick left/right). With the limited possibility to investigate the logs from a Mini 2, my ideas ends here. Perhaps take contact with DJI?

No sorry ... no other inputs is visible besides the yaw (left stick left/right). With the limited possibility to investigate the logs from a Mini 2, my ideas ends here. Perhaps take contact with DJI?
yes that's what I have done, just waiting for their reply, I hope they don't suggest to send it for repair because of Bloody brexit it'll mean loads of form filling to do so to send it to netherlands.
is there any chance you could make a short closeup video of your mini 2 turning on it's axis so I can compair it with mine.
at least I've learnt something today, how to retrive txt files and send themThumbswayup

BTW what program did you use to open the txt I posted
Right now you only have one way to look at TXT logs from a drone using the FLY app with a version above 1.2.1 ... that is Airdata.com... this as DJI changed the log encryption from v1.2.2. Hopefully this will be fixed sometime in the future.

Sorry, doesn't have a Mini 2, perhaps somebody that does can assist.
Hi Slup
last night I updated to app 1.3 and today I used a new battery, No 2, for the first time, WOW no problems with the yawing, left or right I don't think it was the new battery that sorted it out more like the new update, I will try my first battery, No 1, later just to make sure, it now appears to turn on the axis of the rear of the mini, I expect this is normal.
many thanks for all your and others help.
ray
edit.
update, just had another flight with my No 1 battery and all well so it was updating to 1.3 that solved the problem

Last edited:
Reactions: slup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78