DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Hintertuxer Gletscher Interactive Panorama - Tirol, Austria

DronePanorama

Reactions
Site
dronepanorama.net
Hintertuxer Gletscher (Glacier) is the only place in Austria where you can ski 365 days a year⛷️🏂 But hiking to different mountain huts is also great to do in the summer:)
I couldn't make a panorama on the top (3250m) because it was too crowded and besides there was too much snow.. but when hiking to the Tuxer Jochhaus (Mountainhut) I was able to create 3 interactive panorama's, which you can view here:

Hintertux - Tuxer Joch Bergstation

I also created a couple more during my holiday:

Pfitscher Joch Haus (Border between Italy and Austria)

Karspitz Gipfel (Mountain Top in the Zillertal region)

Attached are also a couple of TinyPlanets / LittlePlanets👇

Attachments

• Sommerberg_TinyPlanet.jpg
    Sommerberg_TinyPlanet.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 22
  • Tuxerjoch_TinyPlanet.jpg
    Tuxerjoch_TinyPlanet.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Thank you for posting those great photos. I lived in Mayrhofen for 7 years and know the entire area very well. I've skied Hintertux many, many times and the views from the top are stunning. Your photos bring back many happy memories. Echt heel erg bedankt

Oh and for those who don't understand German, Gletscher means Glacier.

Reactions: DronePanorama
Thank you for posting those great photos. I lived in Mayrhofen for 7 years and know the entire area very well. I've skied Hintertux many, many times and the views from the top are stunning. Your photos bring back many happy memories. Echt heel erg bedankt

Oh and for those who don't understand German, Gletscher means Glacier.

Glad you liked it :) It indeed is amazing there. Every time you reach the top with the Gletscherbus 3 and see those views is always something special:) Hopefully next time I will be able to take some pictures at the middle station, the TuxerFerner haus. Unfortunately this day I didn't had much time to do that because I already hiked the rest of the day and I also wanted to visit the top. Ah well, next time🚀

If you lived in Mayrhofen this one also looks familiar to you I think:

Mayrhofen Ahorn - Filzenkogel

Every panorama I made around Mayrhofen is on this map:

Panorama Map

And a TinyPlanet from Mayrhofen 👇

Attachments

• Ahorn_TinyPlanet.jpg
    Ahorn_TinyPlanet.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 1
Glad you liked it :) It indeed is amazing there. Every time you reach the top with the Gletscherbus 3 and see those views is always something special:) Hopefully next time I will be able to take some pictures at the middle station, the TuxerFerner haus. Unfortunately this day I didn't had much time to do that because I already hiked the rest of the day and I also wanted to visit the top. Ah well, next time🚀

If you lived in Mayrhofen this one also looks familiar to you I think:

Mayrhofen Ahorn - Filzenkogel

Every panorama I made around Mayrhofen is on this map:

Panorama Map

And a TinyPlanet from Mayrhofen 👇
Ahhh, the Ahorn, As a ski instructor there back in the 70s, I was on skis daily, for several years, on that mountain. In the spring I used to hike to the top of the peak you show when looking straight down from that vantage point, every lunch time and then ski down the steep side facing Mayrhofen until I was just high enough to still traverse back to keep on top of the mountain, to get back to teach my class, after the lunch break.

Across the way is the Penken mountain. As ski instructors, we were shifted back and forth between those two mountains by the ski school, depending on the amount of students that went up each mountain, every week. At the end of the day, we would ski down that mountain all the way back to the village, as long as the lower slopes still kept their snow on them. Luckily, that side is north facing so snow stayed on there longer at the end of the season, compared to the south facing ski runs. That was a wonderful time in my life being out on the snow in such stunning scenery, every day. Thanks for sending that one too.

Reactions: DronePanorama
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair