DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hivemapper

DamienC

Reactions
Anyone out there fly for Hivemapper.com? Was wondering if they are a legit organization. Will admit, I just saw an add looking for drone pilots. Haven't done all the research yet. Starting here.

Reactions: ArcTenTen
I’m exploring it as well so I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has actually tried it.

Anyone out there fly for Hivemapper.com? Was wondering if they are a legit organization. Will admit, I just saw an add looking for drone pilots. Haven't done all the research yet. Starting here.
Definitely legit. As promised, they reimbursed me for Litchi app. The bad news, and not really related to them, is that I can't use my MA2 yet with Litchi, so having to use the MA1. Not bad, but I look forward to the day when I can use the faster more stable platform. Did you ever follow through? Anyone else out here flying for them?

Reactions: ArcTenTen
Definitely legit. As promised, they reimbursed me for Litchi app. The bad news, and not really related to them, is that I can't use my MA2 yet with Litchi, so having to use the MA1. Not bad, but I look forward to the day when I can use the faster more stable platform. Did you ever follow through? Anyone else out here flying for them?
I’ve flown two Hivemapper missions of four cells each with my M2 Zoom. Although I haven’t received the payment yet, they have agreed to reimburse me for the Litchi app.

I’ve flown two Hivemapper missions of four cells each with my M2 Zoom. Although I haven’t received the payment yet, they have agreed to reimburse me for the Litchi app.
Thanks! I believe they pay out only when you reach $50. The other thing I learned is that you can request them to add the $2 "cells" where you want. Basically, I sent them my ZIP Code, and couple days later, $2 cells showed up.

Thanks! I believe they pay out only when you reach $50. The other thing I learned is that you can request them to add the $2 "cells" where you want. Basically, I sent them my ZIP Code, and couple days later, $2 cells showed up.
Yep. That has been my experience as well. They added some gold cells in Windsor CO at my request. My first mission didn’t translate into good maps because there was quite a bit of featureless open area that didn’t stitch together very well. The second mission was over better terrain and created a better map.
Evidently, they’ve received lots of videos and are having trouble keeping up with the processing. It took several days for mine to be processed.

Interesting concept but after poking around their website and map, they have a LOOOOONG way to go before they become profitable and start paying people. The video to 3D map is neat, that alone is worth something. Problem they have is they're competing with Google Satellite and Microsoft Maps which have 3D maps from Satellite data, hard to beat.

Evidently, they’ve received lots of videos and are having trouble keeping up with the processing. It took several days for mine to be processed.
Yep. The biggest issue for me is that the software isn't automatically finding the location of the map, and 2) My cells are not being credited to me, so it's tough to track which ones I've done and which are still empty. Their support has been quite good, but I agree, they have a pretty big backlog at the moment.

I’m looking to hivemapper now, looks interesting, where are the locations you’ve mapped please, how do I see them in hivemapper?

One thing to keep in mind is that you won't receive payment until you get to $50. Once I hit that threshold, the payment just kind of showed up in my PayPal account. I think there's a $25 kicker when you hit 50 cells...I think. Due to lousy weather in the Austin area, I haven't been doing much mapping lately, but do plan to get back to it. The bummer is that you can't use a MA2 because of the incompatibility with Litchi. So, I've been using my MA1, but the bummer there is that the SRT files that Hivemapper requires, don't include lat/longs. Only way to do it is to download the CSV from AirData, rename the file to match the mp4, and THEN upload that to Hivemapper.
Almost too simple :)

Anyone know how to enable video captions or metadata WITHIN DJI go 4 app as Hivemapper requires?
I’m waiting for their answer to the same question unless someone here knows?
BTW I’m not asking how to view metadata using eg EXIF ?

I’m looking to hivemapper now, looks interesting, where are the locations you’ve mapped please, how do I see them in hivemapper?
I just went to look for them in Hivemapper Studio but don’t see them there. They should be in Boulder CO in the Table Mesa area which is towards the south end of town. Vassar and Kohler are some of the streets within the area I mapped. (Between the National Center for Atmospheric Research and US Dept of Commerce Boulder Lab)

Anyone know how to enable video captions or metadata WITHIN DJI go 4 app as Hivemapper requires?
I’m waiting for their answer to the same question unless someone here knows?
BTW I’m not asking how to view metadata using eg EXIF ?
Go to the Video settings, then tap on the settings icon, and enable SUBTITLES. You'll know it's working because you'll then see two files. an MP4 file and the SRT file.

Reactions: ICHOTT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica