DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how’s your controller battery ?

Flying three batteries down to 25% to 30% with iPad 2018 leaves me at about 70%. So should be good for at least 7 to 8 flights.

Reactions: Former Member
I also noticed a somewhat increased battery consumption compared to MP1 controller.

In every flight (around 22 minutes) I get 10-14 percentage drop, while for MP1 I had a 7-10 percentage drop. Maybe with the MP1 I did shorter flights though.

Not a significant change, but it’s a change.

Hi. I flew my Mavic 2 Pro today using 4 batteries. My controller is at 65%.

> ... need charging every 4-5 flights

Hi. just thinking out loud here.
Page 40 in the manual says the controller has a run time of 2:15 (135 Minutes)

135 / 25(ie avg flight time) = 5.4 flights.

5 Flights seems about right... based on the manual.

Hi. I flew my Mavic 2 Pro today using 4 batteries. My controller is at 65%.

> ... need charging every 4-5 flights

Hi. just thinking out loud here.
Page 40 in the manual says the controller has a run time of 2:15 (135 Minutes)

135 / 25(ie avg flight time) = 5.4 flights.

5 Flights seems about right... based on the manual.
What's you saying is correct. Still seems like a downgrade if you had MP1. Anyway, as mentioned in my previous message, it's not a huge a difference. I'll probably get on with it.

As long as you don't have the controller charge your phone, it should last you 5+. Slightly lower than before, but that would still get you almost 2h straight of flying time which for me is more than enough.

It depletes pretty fast. I think due to charging the lousy phone. I'll be glad when they get the CS working.
Are you using the side port or the bottom USB port?

The side port will try to equalize or charge your display, suggest using the USB port on the bottom. If space is an issue there are a host of 90° adapters available.

A thought.

Reactions: bluesgeek
I found in comparison to the Mavic Pro controller the Mavic 2 controller depletes much quicker, this was the sentiment with the other people flying Mavic 2's at a drone park this past Sunday. Sorry can't give any percentages or details, next time will keep a more accurate record.

I have the device charging setting turned off and I drop approx 10-15% per flight depending on how far down I run the AC battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert