DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you reset the fly app ?

Biggie777

Reactions
Is there anyway to reset all the DJI settings back to factory default? The reason I'm asking is because I know that most phone apps store setting and Information,data etc in the Google cloud backup folder in Google drive so that keeps your settings the way you set them up Incase you ever have to do a factory restore or change devices .etc..

I want to know how I can clear the storage and cache or just uninstall the app and reinstall but my setting keep coming back where I left them..

Where are these setting kept and how do I default all of them? I'm running the mini 2 with the latest fly app - Android..

All of them. Mainly the advanced gimbal settings. I have them all set all screwy and the little reset button doesn't reset them like it use too.

most of the control settings are stored in the drone itself ,there is a factory reset button somewhere in the App that should reset all the parameters for controlling the drone ,i think that you will need to have the drone connected for this to take effect and then turn off the drone and then restart it for this to work ,make a note of any preferred settings you have now so you can put them back to how you like them after you have done the reset

As OMM states, the settings are stored in the aircraft and it must be on while selecting the reset in the app.
C2EFA73E-AD10-4EAB-8B6B-17E3C8F7E13A.jpeg

Reactions: old man mavic
Does that reset all the advanced gimbal settings that is under control? Thanks for the answers and picture,I am waiting on my battery to give it a go or I would have tried first but in the control section under advanced gimbal settings,there are several sliders for normal,cini, and sport mode that I want defaulted and the problem is that although there is a 'reset' button under all of that and it worked before,it's not working anymore.. I have no idea why it wouldn't but I had to use the feature before once.

Does that reset all the advanced gimbal settings that is under control? Thanks for the answers and picture,I am waiting on my battery to give it a go or I would have tried first but in the control section under advanced gimbal settings,there are several sliders for normal,cini, and sport mode that I want defaulted and the problem is that although there is a 'reset' button under all of that and it worked before,it's not working anymore.. I have no idea why it wouldn't but I had to use the feature before once.
You may have to go thru each mode to reset. They are independent of each other.

With regards to any settings stored in the app (I do not know if there are any), an uninstall leaves the DJI date storage files behind, it does not remove them.
If you want to remove that file system then I would suggest you first back up the flightlogs folder "FlightRecord" to your computer.
On a Windows computer the path to that folder is shown in the attached.
Then unistall the app and finally, using the computer, delete the whole "dji.go.v5" folder.
Once you have reinstalled the app you can copy the individual flight logs back to the new FlightRecord folder. If the latter does not appear to be there when you first have a look, fly a flight and look again.

If you DO NOT have any other DJI apps on the phone you could perhaps delete the "DJI" folder rather than dji.go.v5 but I have not done that as I have Go and Go4 on my phone and their folder systems would be removed.

Attachments

• 04 Fly app path to mini flight logs.png
    04 Fly app path to mini flight logs.png
    102 KB · Views: 11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest