DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How I solved the Foggy & Muddy shots after the latest firmware update

Peter Ho

Reactions
Photo and video Images
-- shots while on flight turns muddy and foggy.

--However when stationery before flight the photo & video shots are normal.

Wonder anyone has this problem.

This is my 2nd Mavic Pro after my first one crashed into water. I have been flying over 2 years and with the 2nd one over half a year.

Recently I update my firmware in September to VO1.04.500. This is the latest firmware for both the Remote Control and the Mavic Pro.

I got this problem after the last firmware update. I have googled and have tried the following:

1. checked if the latest firmware is ok.

2. On the Sensor state I have
a. reset the IMU
b. reset the compass

3. reset the gimbal by going through the motion using dji assistant 2 on my computer screen.

4. reset to factory setting for the cameras and whatever.

Despite having done all these..... the problem still persists. So what went wrong?

To anyone who suffers this fate as I did for over 2 months googling here and there and even phoned up my supplier,
THIS IS WHAT I DID to bring my Mavic Pro back into its form.

Take note: Remember to reboot the Mavic Pro after each step to ensure it has registered.
1.Took the path and did a factory reset to the firmware.
2. Downgraded the firmware to the previous working one VO1.04.400. (Tho each time I fly now... there is a warning that a new firmware is available)
If you do not know how to do this.... Google on it.... there are a lot of answers out there. The Dji Assistant 2 did it for me
3. Reset all my settings to default as the day I received it. Then reboot.
4. Did the normal routine as when we had the bird for the first time.
a. relink and paired the bird & RC
b. reset all the settings to the ones I had which enabled me to shoot normal photos & video
c. Then did the IMU & Compass resetting
d. Did the sensor calibration using dji assistant 2 on my computer screen.

....And what do you think? It worked perfectly.
All photo shots and video back to normal. No more muddy & foggy shots.

A word of thanks to all those who had posted the remedies here and there helping us out to figure what went wrong.

Photo and video Images
-- shots while on flight turns muddy and foggy.

--However when stationery before flight the photo & video shots are normal.

Wonder anyone has this problem.

This is my 2nd Mavic Pro after my first one crashed into water. I have been flying over 2 years and with the 2nd one over half a year.

Recently I update my firmware in September to VO1.04.500. This is the latest firmware for both the Remote Control and the Mavic Pro.

I got this problem after the last firmware update. I have googled and have tried the following:

1. checked if the latest firmware is ok.

2. On the Sensor state I have
a. reset the IMU
b. reset the compass

3. reset the gimbal by going through the motion using dji assistant 2 on my computer screen.

4. reset to factory setting for the cameras and whatever.

Despite having done all these..... the problem still persists. So what went wrong?

To anyone who suffers this fate as I did for over 2 months googling here and there and even phoned up my supplier,
THIS IS WHAT I DID to bring my Mavic Pro back into its form.

Take note: Remember to reboot the Mavic Pro after each step to ensure it has registered.
1.Took the path and did a factory reset to the firmware.
2. Downgraded the firmware to the previous working one VO1.04.400. (Tho each time I fly now... there is a warning that a new firmware is available)
If you do not know how to do this.... Google on it.... there are a lot of answers out there. The Dji Assistant 2 did it for me
3. Reset all my settings to default as the day I received it. Then reboot.
4. Did the normal routine as when we had the bird for the first time.
a. relink and paired the bird & RC
b. reset all the settings to the ones I had which enabled me to shoot normal photos & video
c. Then did the IMU & Compass resetting
d. Did the sensor calibration using dji assistant 2 on my computer screen.

....And what do you think? It worked perfectly.
All photo shots and video back to normal. No more muddy & foggy shots.

A word of thanks to all those who had posted the remedies here and there helping us out to figure what went wrong.
I'm wondering if I been experiencing the same fate. Do you think this has happened since the release of the MP2 and Zoom?

Reactions: Big Dazz
I was thinking the same thing ☹️
It wouldn't surprise me if it were deliberate. As people contemplate upgrading, the video and photos coming from the new drones will appear increasingly superior because the original is doped down.

THIS IS WHAT I DID to bring my Mavic Pro back into its form. .....
Out of all that, the only thing that would have had any effect on the images would be resetting the camera settings.

Yep... best to have a total reset.
I have learnt to reset to default then reboot the MP.. After that only enter the changes and reboot for it to register

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky