DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many "not" having issues with the M3?

So far, so good - I waited for a month to receive it but (cross my fingers) everything seems OK - I had 3 flights in the rain, strong wind (55+ km/h), and in the night (trimming some grass ;) ) and had no issues whatsoever - besides - last 8 months I was fling DJI FPV and get used to Perfect view in the goggles - so now am frustrated of not seeing some branches :) on the little screen - I hope they'll add support for goggles soon!

the GPS on mine is kind of slow all the time at picking up satellites.. a good reason to return it as I own 6 other DJI drones and this M3 is the worst by far at how long it takes. A total let down.

I am very happy with my Mavic 3; I fly solely over the marshes on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean here in South Carolina with high confidence. It is hard to land manually if I am too close to the landing pad since I am in its obstacle avoidance zone and I do keep it away from trees. Other than that I am thrilled with the camera and its low noise sensor and with the fun-to-fly drone which I find very stable. I am looking forward to the firmware updates next month.

I finally received my M3 after a shipping delay. However, after reading about so many issues of various sorts, I'm a bit nervous to get mine in the air. I fly mostly fly over or around the ocean and need a good amount of confidence in my aircraft. That confidence has taken a few bumps lately with reports of the M3 ascending, descending, drifting, without input, OA sensors giving false readings/warnings, etc.

This is all very unnerving to say the least. I haven't even broken the seal on the box, trying to decide whether to keep it and see if it functions properly or send it back and wait to see how this all pans out.

Mostly, I would like to hear from those that have not had any issues (other the the missing features on the app). I know this forum is but a small fraction of all those that ordered the M3. I suppose I'm just trying to weigh the odds to some extent. My guess is (hopefully) these issues are a small(er) percentage of the total sold.

Do certain productions dates seem have more issues? Mine is 10/21

Thanks, Billy
Hey, congratulations on your new Mavic 3. I’ve been flying DJI now for about 7 years. Started with a Phantom 3, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, Mini 2 and just got my Mavic 3 about a month ago. I figured I had everything down but still a few problems. The two biggest things for me we’re - 1. I really prefer DJI Go 4 app to the Go fly app. Which I use for the Mavic 2 Pro. It gives you more options to control camera. 2. I was having problems with some over responsive controls. So I jumped into the Go Fly app and found settings to control the stick movements. The were all set to aggressively. Once I adjusted that the Mavic 3 now flys very smoothly. Just like my Mavic 2 Pro. I’ve been getting used to the Go Fly app and DJI has been very responsive to its critics. And of course just a few days ago they released the January update early.

So now I’m in that group of folks that really has no complaints left. I’ve had about 20 flights and absolutely love it. Some of the best drone money I’ve spent.

I finally received my M3 after a shipping delay. However, after reading about so many issues of various sorts, I'm a bit nervous to get mine in the air. I fly mostly fly over or around the ocean and need a good amount of confidence in my aircraft. That confidence has taken a few bumps lately with reports of the M3 ascending, descending, drifting, without input, OA sensors giving false readings/warnings, etc.

This is all very unnerving to say the least. I haven't even broken the seal on the box, trying to decide whether to keep it and see if it functions properly or send it back and wait to see how this all pans out.

Mostly, I would like to hear from those that have not had any issues (other the the missing features on the app). I know this forum is but a small fraction of all those that ordered the M3. I suppose I'm just trying to weigh the odds to some extent. My guess is (hopefully) these issues are a small(er) percentage of the total sold.

Thanks, Billy
I fly over water and the ocean and over trees and marsh land daily. I've been flying the M3 for 7 days. It hasn't done anything out of the ordinary since I started flying it.

Upgraded from Mavic 2 Pro to Mavic 3 Cine and I don't have any issue. Received it the day of the last firmware update. I flew mostly over the ocean using ProRes and DLOG. I'm very pleased with the results.

AM-JKLXE3puA3UBZKn0NlvkbmiW-5n-d3RvjWF4-cDVGOBpm5BKxFuP48frPeS-TTZXsnvQWzvF7D1wxs2W0Gi0hQ-mjjBRxEr0WdxJzgGdyxctlYg3aqWKORyWF1E44jbn8ppM8nwPi6sx80ID1X2TRrRM-kQ=w2266-h1698-no

AM-JKLXAcbskOwfelMu7WIaIP3pGIXBswf9k6IaDSjcEUGF2WOi-foBC9qA7Ghfd99rxIgBZQgkrUNQRhIzmqdPgRSPw4JzW2dGwnlsYww60SZkzEplE-M2McrNUfbC5Fg7du_kuRjBNhTiw7Uoa64xaIAUxVQ=w2260-h1698-no

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy with my M3. I got my pilot's license back in February and wanted a prosumer drone right away. I was going for the M2 but since it had been out for a few years I thought I would just wait for the M3. I got pretty darn close to getting the Air 2S when it came out but I was able keep myself in check. Good thing I had the Mini 2 to satisfy my drone needs while I waited.

I will be honest though the price shocked me a bit as it was much higher than I anticipated. And yes, the M3 felt like an unfinished drone without quickshots, master shots and all. I specially dislike the fact that, at that price, it came in with the same controller as my Mini 2. I also dislike that the Air 2S is compatible with the DJI FPV Goggles and the M3 is not. Another thing that bothers me is how the zoom is not smooth. The way it cuts the image when the zoom gets to 4X and the other camera kicks in is just weird.

Outside of that, the M3 is a beast. The additional flight time, the obstacle avoidance sensors and the quality of the image is to fall in love with. Based on my experience with the Mini 2, DJI will continue to release firmware to improve the drone and add more features. I just hope it will eventually achieve the status M2 did as king of the hill and remain a top pick for drone professionals for as long as the M2 did. There is a big update coming up this month and I'm pretty excited about it already. I'm hoping it will help the drone show it's true colors and end all the "is it worth it" debate that has been going on.

Oh and the best part, I haven't had any issues with it at all. It flies beautifully and everything works like a charm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenflash
Adding my name to the bucket of folks that haven't experienced issues so far. I purchased the M3 fly more combo and the RC Pro separately.

I've flown in a local metro park outside of the main city and then in my neighborhood in the suburbs. I don't go super far out, usually 200 to 300 feet up and about the same, maybe 500 feet away. No video stutters, loss of connections, nothing that I've seen other folks report. Knock on wood, I'm happy and it's been solid.

I’ve flown about 120 minutes on mine, almost exclusively photo real estate flights, and a couple videos. images seem better than my M2P when compared side by side ( flew the same general flight and took the the same photos). Drone itself has been rock solid - Had an experience with air sense as well, which i think worked great. I didnt hear the jet at the time, air sense reported it, i immediately dropped to 50ft and about 15 seconds later the plane came over.

I’m more than happy and everything seems to be working well. (knock on wood!)

Reactions: Wade L.
Adding my experience, i mostly have flown without issues. Usually i fly over nature and i took it as far as 2.5km over sea and worked just fine.

I am coming from a (now lost after a crash) Mavic 2 pro..

I say go ahead, open your box, do the updates and enjoy your new drone :)

I say go ahead, open your box, do the updates and enjoy your new drone :)
I did take it out for a test drive (before the updates were available). It was ok....

Though it made me take a closer look at something else since the M3 wasn't different enough from my A2S. I really wanted way points and no geo fencing. Also, it's so aggravating that you have to make certain to do firmware updates before you leave the house.

I ended up with the Evo2 Pro V2 and saved a big enough chunk of change to greatly offset the cost, enough so, that I also got the smart controller with an almost 8" screen. I absolutely love this drone and all of it's features.

Thanks, Billy
I ”upgraded” from the mavic platinum pro. The camera is fine, but it does not fly nearly as reliable as the platinum pro does. Precision eturn to home is yards off while the platinum pro was only inches off. Hopefully they will take care of those issues of a future update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt