DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much computer do I need?

Fred Paris

Reactions
Im flying a MAVIC M3M for mapping. Using DJIs SmartFarm application, as the drone is snapping photos they are being uploaded as the drone flys. So they get all the data and stitch it together and sends it back to me. So I go to open it using a MAC with the M1 chip and 64 GB of memory, The default application on a MAC is PREVIEW. Well preview opens it but locks up instantly. The file they sent is more than 400MB, so I suspect I need more computer power. A suggestion was made to get a gaming computer?

You need a better system You do not want a gaming computer.
Gaming systems have loads of power great graphics cards and fantastic Audio...........For playing games....I do not do mapping nor do I have any knowledge of the hardware needs of some of the software. However I would look for computer recommendations from other software publishers. I myself would use macs for making media that is to be distributed or edited elsewhere Its the industry standard for the entertainment and publishing industry I don't know about mapping perhaps for mapping its PC. Macs do work much better when creating graphics... they kinda bite it at Playing Games tho sorta..

Im flying a MAVIC M3M for mapping. Using DJIs SmartFarm application, as the drone is snapping photos they are being uploaded as the drone flys. So they get all the data and stitch it together and sends it back to me. So I go to open it using a MAC with the M1 chip and 64 GB of memory, The default application on a MAC is PREVIEW. Well preview opens it but locks up instantly. The file they sent is more than 400MB, so I suspect I need more computer power. A suggestion was made to get a gaming computer?
The Mac should be fine for handling a large image. Can you post a link to it? I can try with my Mac and my PC, both of which have more than enough horsepower to open up images. PhotoShop should be able to open it from either OS.

Preview is not really designed for that, you need a dedicated photo app such as Affinity or Photoshop. An M1 with 64 GB or RAM is way more than enough to handle a file of that size.

Reactions: anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr