DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much does a 1" sensor help with low light animal scouting?

hammick

Reactions
As some of you may know there is a new drone in town. I'd like to hear from you guys who have flown both the Phantom with the 1" sensor and the MP or MPP with the 1/2" sensor.

My MPP has been great but my favorite flying is Wildlife scouting for bears and other critters. These critters, especially the grizzlies, hide in the shadows and prefer roaming around closer to dusk and dawn.

Having optical zoom would be great for scouting but maybe not at the loss of the better sensor.

I use the digital zoom on my MPP sometimes when scouting. Hopefully they will add that feature to the M2 Pro.

I use the Wonderphone and it's very bright and stable. I'm guessing a bigger device might eliminate the need for digital zoom though.

I do similar, I can let you know when I have a chance to try. I am also interested to see how it performs for this compared to a smaller sensor.

I do similar, I can let you know when I have a chance to try. I am also interested to see how it performs for this compared to a smaller sensor.

Great. I'm in no hurry to shell out 1k to upgrade. Thanks.

Not to be cliché, but it's like the difference between night and day. The P4P's sensor is that much better than the MPP's.

That's what I figured. I'm guessing it would also let me fly on full moon nights and get some pretty cool shots of the mountains.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman