DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How safe is the FCC hack?

dsvilko

Reactions
I've tried the FCC hack and it seems to be working well in urban environments (I usually don't fly further than 300m but I do appreciate a more stable signal). What I am worried about is that with a standard method of keeping the FCC hack (connecting the phone with the props already spinning) you skip over some of the important pre-flight checks (like compass calibration). I don't even know if you would get a warning that the compass is not calibrated. Does anyone know?

I agree with you. Procedure needed for FCC hack is a bit scary as you need to take off using RC controller and only then connect phone. That way you loose ability to perform preflight checklist and choosing WIFI channel.

I know two possible workarrounds:

First answer, use a third-part flying app, like Litchi. That way you can take off as usual, a pop-up window will warn you about region change allowing you CANCEL it. See here:

Screenshot_20200825-171039_Video Player.jpg

I did this video about it:

Second answer, make FCC hack permanent. You can buy dronehacks patch (about 20 eur) or try an experimental free procedure by editing controler config file wifi.conf (search youtube for this italian video 'MAVIC MINI POTENZA WIFI IN FCC GRATIS | ECCO COME FUNZIONA' )

Best regards

R.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato