DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How should I process this video ?

I'm having some judder issues too, I think it's a memory card issue, maybe not fast enough. SanDisk Extreme Pro seems to be the go to, I've been using the SanDisk Extreme and Extreme Plus which give me trouble.

It is HiDefres from a mini 2. The trees keep "flickering." I have tried "anti-shake" but it didn't help.
Thanks,

drone flight

Can you post the footage with the issue again? If this is the same problem that I have had in some scenes recorded with a Mini 2, I can tell you how to solve it in many cases and improve it in some.

Hi- Please, just tell me what you did. Thanks,
The only way I managed to correct the artifacts was to separate luma and chroma and apply massive temporal noise reduction only on chroma.

1646146095281.png

I know that in many video editors, like Davinci Resolve which was the one I use, you can apply temporal noise reduction only on chroma, without having to separate the image components, but I can tell you that it doesn't work.

I leave you a video with the original footage and the corrected one: Uncorrected_Corrected.mp4

The only problem if you have to do it with Davinci Resolve is that you need the paid version and a powerful computer.

I hope this helps you.

Reactions: mangurian
The only way I managed to correct the artifacts was to separate luma and chroma and apply massive temporal noise reduction only on chroma.

View attachment 144675

I know that in many video editors, like Davinci Resolve which was the one I use, you can apply temporal noise reduction only on chroma, without having to separate the image components, but I can tell you that it doesn't work.

I leave you a video with the original footage and the corrected one: Uncorrected_Corrected.mp4

The only problem if you have to do it with Davinci Resolve is that you need the paid version and a powerful computer.

I hope this helps you.
Many thanks for all the effort you put in. I will look into Resolve (paid). I am reluctant to add any more software to my post-processing "collection." :oops:

Many thanks for all the effort you put in. I will look into Resolve (paid). I am reluctant to add any more software to my post-processing "collection." :oops:

With the paid version of Davinci Resolve, you don't need any other post-processing software. As I sometimes say, the limit is your imagination and the power of your computer.

By the way, if you don't have a modern i7, or i9 processor, 32Gb RAM, and a modern graphics card with 8Gb dedicated memory, don't buy the paid version of Resolve.

You are welcome!

great job DiscoverSpain
there is a free way to fix this interlace flicker
1 open the clip in any video editor, make a copy & put it above the original clip, move it along 1 frame & set the opacity to 66%
2 make another copy & put it at the top, move it along 1 more frame & and set the opacity to 33%
fixed.
Edit:
this method also works for fixing LED light flicker in any condition

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DiscoverSpain
great job DiscoverSpain
there is a free way to fix this interlace flicker
1 open the clip in any video editor, make a copy & put it above the original clip, move it along 1 frame & set the opacity to 66%
2 make another copy & put it at the top, move it along 1 more frame & and set the opacity to 33%
fixed.
Edit:
this method also works for fixing LED light flicker in any condition

Thank you very much for the recipe! I will use it next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929