DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to change 1080P to 4K?

ihavequestions

Reactions
On the bottom right in the app, it sais 1080p at 30K when you first have the mini 2 connected by default. I can't seem to figure out how to change that to 4k. How do you do it?

if its like the MM then touch the three dots top right of screen and select camera then you should be able to choose you preferences i dont have a Mini2

Might want to head over to YouTube and watch some videos to familiarize yourself with the Fly App. :) Nothing current but not alot has changed either. ;)

He needs a more current tutorial. The MM1 doesn't support 4K. However it does support 2.7K, so setting for 4K should be in the same place.

On the bottom right in the app, it sais 1080p at 30K when you first have the mini 2 connected by default. I can't seem to figure out how to change that to 4k. How do you do it?
Did you have the RC/AC connected when you were looking? Camera functions don't show when not connected.

Quite simply, tap the shooting mode icon on the far right (usually will show a camera, movie reel, or some other mode). Tap the video mode icon, the settings pane will expand out to the left. You'll be able to choose between 1080p, 2.7K, and 4K. When you tap on 4K, you can then choose your frame rate to the left of that, which at most should be 24, 25, and 30 (like the 2.7K options).

As above - to change to 4k for normal video mode you tap on the video icon on the left.
Then you can chose video resolution and framerate.
BUT - when you do a quickshot it will default back to 1080.
To change the quickshot resolution you have to choose quickshots mode - then go into settings and the camera tab.
then you can change the quickshot resolution to 4k (though strangely you can't change the framerate for quickshots, at least not that I've found.)

Quite simply, tap the shooting mode icon on the far right (usually will show a camera, movie reel, or some other mode). Tap the video mode icon, the settings pane will expand out to the left. You'll be able to choose between 1080p, 2.7K, and 4K. When you tap on 4K, you can then choose your frame rate to the left of that, which at most should be 24, 25, and 30 (like the 2.7K options).
Hi I have just purchased the mini 2 drone an I have tried pressing both camera an video button on top right an it will change from camera or video an if I press the i con in the circle next to 1x zoom it will only take a picture or if video it will only start to shoot video nothing happens when I try to hold down the bottoms either looked all over settings under vary top right corner I am out of ideas please help

Reactions: ch4yboy
Hi I have just purchased the mini 2 drone an I have tried pressing both camera an video button on top right an it will change from camera or video an if I press the i con in the circle next to 1x zoom it will only take a picture or if video it will only start to shoot video nothing happens when I try to hold down the bottoms either looked all over settings under vary top right corner I am out of ideas please help

1611423222293.png

This is from a Mini 1 (so no 4K shown),

1) Tap the icon (where it shows '2.7k' above the record button)
2) Tap Video
3) Tap 4K to the left of that (will be above 2.7k on a Mini 2)
4) Tap the frame rate for 4K (only 24/25/30 may be shown for 4K)

And done.

I have the exact same issue as this! Did you find a way around this in the end?

I am having exactly the same issue and can’t find anything that explains how to fix it! Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Is there no option for a higher quality picture in the Mavic Air 2? there is only 1080p and 48MP (which is not 4k).
I don't understand, maybe I should take a 2 second video and take a screenshot, that way it'll be 4k picture.
Why is there no option for 4K/2.7K picture?

Figured it out. The latest version of the dji fly app (version 1.4.0) requires that you change the resolution and the fps by physically TOUCHING the FPS and RES themselves at the bottom. For example: if your res is displayed as 1080p, touch where it says "1080p" and you'll get the other options you are looking for.

Attachments

• 20210428_204315.jpg
    20210428_204315.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210428_204320.jpg
    20210428_204320.jpg
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Kyklopes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online