DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fly and turn smoothly

If you watch the video that is linked in Post #6 you will get the best solution to your problem...with videos showing the way each setting effects your video....others do tell you the same thing here....but you can see the comparisons of no adjustments vs adjustments from an experienced operator...I was having that jerkiness problem and made adjustments....just not enough...the video is 9 minutes long....invest the 9 minutes...you will be glad you did...good luck with it

As an old pilot with lots of hours, I am frustrated that I cannot seem to make smooth, sweeping turns that look good on video with my 2S

I have tried various combinations of yaw and roll to be smooth but also to achieve the turn rate I want.

Yaw is too quick and jerky, roll alone does not turn as I want, while also moving forward at the same time of course.

Any help tips and exercises to learn the required technique.

Thanks!!

Turn video record in. I place my thumbs on the controller outside of each stick. Then I start my orbit by moving my thumbs inward. I’m the first part of the orbit thinking I will edit out the bad part at the beginning. Get the orbit started and when you have the correct spin and turn hold your thumbs on the controller to not deviate. If you are trying to do a film 360 then you will need to orbit more than 360 so you can edit out the first part where you were figuring out the correct position of the sticks.

As an old pilot with lots of hours, I am frustrated that I cannot seem to make smooth, sweeping turns that look good on video with my 2S

I have tried various combinations of yaw and roll to be smooth but also to achieve the turn rate I want.

Yaw is too quick and jerky, roll alone does not turn as I want, while also moving forward at the same time of course.

Thanks!!
Are you watching the drone or the screen when attempting this? I find it better to focus on the desired subject while watching the screen not the drone. Following the tips given here to adjust (lower) stick sensitivity is very important. The with each flight pick a subject and practice a lot and practice turns in both directions like flying figure 8s and focus on being as gentle on the sticks as you can while keeping your subject framed the way you want.

Thanks!!
Steve, did you try more "fps" ? In my opinion better is to "go down" with resolution and increase as possible frame rate ...

Thanks!!
Try the quoted yaw adjustments but also get Longer or extendable control sticks . Longer control sticks let you make smoother inputs for fine control .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada