DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fly waypoints with DJI Air 2s?

namnb

Reactions
Hi guys,

I have got a new DJI Air 2s last week. I need to fly by following waypoints but I don't know how can I do. Do you have any idea? Because the Litchi app doesn't support DJI Air 2s now.

Thank

I also have a MA2 and had wanted to use Litchi.
There are quite a few drone waypoint apps out there. I ended up going with ‘Maven - For DJI Drone’. I’ve only used it a few times but it doesn’t have too steep of a learning curve. I mainly chose it because of its fly-to-waypoint feature which is really handy. You fly your drone to you desired waypoints and map out your run at location.

Reactions: namnb
I use rainbow with my mini and have spoke with them about the air2s I know at least they plan on supporting air2s once dji releases the sdk. Time frame on that is unknown.

DJI has not released an SDK for the Air 2S. As such there are no 3rd party apps for it.

Reactions: AZDave and namnb
I'm also hoping for an aftermarket app that can fly waypoints without the remote controller sending signals (e.g. virtual sticks?). Or hoping to see DJI done competitors offer the capability (with all else being the same).

Reactions: namnb
I'm also hoping for an aftermarket app that can fly waypoints without the remote controller sending signals (e.g. virtual sticks?). Or hoping to see DJI done competitors offer the capability (with all else being the same).
Until the Mavic 3 comes out, I'm afraid there will be no native waypoints on the Fly app drones. They are all virtual sticks for waypoints and DJI has no interest in adding them as that's a feature on their premium drones.

Reactions: AZDave and namnb
I fly 'missions' all the time, but with my MA2 and the Maven app, which is realIy simple to use but also really adaptable. I don't think it supports the S because the SDK isn't available. The Maven app would definitely deliver exactly what you're looking for - waypoints, smooth curves, POIs, constant speed, etc. I understand 'Follow Me' will be added soon too. See YouTube. Perhaps you should consider going for an MA2 Instead of the Air2S?

Caveat: I haven’t tried this yet.

If I recall the intro videos correctly, when you switch to time lapse mode, you can configure a route to follow. The hitch is that it’ll be taking photos the whole time, but this is a photography/videography drone and not a racing drone after all… still, not great for just pre-planning a video route. Again, I need to give this a go—I could be way off.

Hey Canadá Chris!

Have you tried waypoints with the Air2S yet? I’m interested in hearing about your experience. I have the original Mavic Mini. I am researching to upgrade, and super interested in the smaller Air2S over the MP2 or MP3 coming out. If the Air2S can fly waypoint missions with POI’s then it will be my choice.

Thanks for your help!
Chris

Reactions: JetM
I did try the Hyperlapse function with just a single waypoint. Worked as expected, but if you’re looking to map out routes for regular-speed video recording, you’d be better off with a different drone than the Air 2S. Not sure which ones offer that at this point. Apparently there’s an SDK in the works for the Air 2S, but there’s no telling what DJI will open up or disable or when that SDK will be released. The SDK will apparently allow third-party control apps like Litchi to connect to and control the drone, and enable waypoints and other features.

I heard somewhere that the SDKs for the Mini 2, Mini SE, and the Air2S are coming out around the end of the year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S