DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get DJI assistant 2 for a Mac.

bburnett15

Reactions
Problem?- drone seems to be a bit unstable flying And i Am getting the
message;” backward vision sensor calibration error, precision hovering and obstacle avoidance may fail”

Was unit in a crash?- Yes, but Not serious- into a bush, prop damage

What have you tried so far? - emailed DJI support- they said to launch DJI assistant 2- which i dont have. They told me how to download it from their website- which didnt work because im using a mac. Mac wont allow download of software that is not from the App store. Has anyone done this Successfully and if so how?

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? -using both iPad and iPhone

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? - whatever came with it

What Go app version are you using?- DJI Go 4

Any modification? (if so what)- no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)- no

Attachments

• F43B16B0-3E41-4109-80DF-E126905975F0.png
    F43B16B0-3E41-4109-80DF-E126905975F0.png
    198.8 KB · Views: 17
Download it. Open it.
When you get the message about security, do This
> Apple Symbol in upper left > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from. (you may need to unlock the lock symbol below)
Select DJI Assistant and finish the install

Reactions: zeusfl
Download it. Open it.
When you get the message about security, do This
> Apple Symbol in upper left > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Allow apps downloaded from. (you may need to unlock the lock symbol below)
Select DJI Assistant and finish the install
i did that (see attachment) and I still don't have the option to open the App anyway. I cannot get to that last step- Select DJI Assistant.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.11.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 8.11.52 PM.png
    243.6 KB · Views: 24
Try downloading with Safari instead of Chrome.

Caveat Emtor
If you use a Mac, you might want to go with a drone other than DJI. Though if youre reading this you already own one ?

I have now logged more hours trying to solve the problem than i have flying the Mavic Air. They keep trying to tell. me its a problem with the Catalina operating system- which i am not using.

thank you all for your help anyway

Try downloading with Safari instead of Chrome.
I have finally downloaded both the app and the driver. The app is installed, but I can’t install the driver. Their instructions tell me to do some thing that the program won’t let me do which is enter my password.

i shouldve posted this reply before i made my last post

I have finally downloaded both the app and the driver. The app is installed, but I can’t install the driver. Their instructions tell me to do some thing that the program won’t let me do which is enter my password.

i shouldve posted this reply before i made my last post

Can you post a screen shot?

It should be asking for your admin password to allow the driver to install. Why are you saying it won’t let enter your password? Wrong password, greyed out option?

Thanks, I thought it rang a bell.

The thread is:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej