DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to have a persistent waypoint with a Mavic Pro 3?

wrybread

Reactions
I'm trying to simply mark a spot on the map that I fly to often. Using a Mavic 3 Pro with the RC controller. I think there's a way to do it since one time I was flying and the spot was marked with a waypoint, probably from a waypoint flight I did earlier, but I haven't been able to repeat it and the waypoint is now gone.

Any tips on making that happen?

I'll hang here to learn what causes waypoint files to disappear. Lately I have made many waypoint flights. None have gone missing yet but in the past I have had them disappear. No clue why.

I have tried the single waypoint mission and it doesn't save. I found this method works. I set the waypoint, altitude, heading, gimbal and camera where I want it. Then I add another waypoint, maybe ten feet away, it really doesn't matter, set end of mission action to RTH. Then save it and name it. It flies to the desired point, takes the picture, travels to the last, then home. Mavic 3 Classic/RC Pro. All latest updates and firmware.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
I have tried the single waypoint mission and it doesn't save. I found this method works. I set the waypoint, altitude, heading, gimbal and camera where I want it. Then I add another waypoint, maybe ten feet away, it really doesn't matter, set end of mission action to RTH. Then save it and name it. It flies to the desired point, takes the picture, travels to the last, then home. Mavic 3 Classic/RC Pro. All latest updates and firmware.
Wow thank you, I'll try it tomorrow and let you know.

I'll hang here to learn what causes waypoint files to disappear. Lately I have made many waypoint flights. None have gone missing yet but in the past I have had them disappear. No clue why.
I had some disappear right after I made them and it was because I didn't save them correctly. You always have to hit save in the file menu.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas