DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Optimize Performance - Lenovo Tab M10 (x606f) and Mavic Air 2

RandyBullard

Reactions
I recently purchased the Lenovo Tab M10 FHD. It was the cheapest 1080p display 10" android tablet that I could confirm would work.

And it does (work), but I'm having performance problems. The first few flights it worked great, as well as my Galaxy Note 10+ I had been using. But now the video is stuttering horribly, and I'm not sure what I've done to cause it or what I can do to fix it. I had installed several other game apps and had played with a number of settings, so I tried to unwind all of that (uninstalling apps, rebooting the tablet, changing the tablet settings in an attempt to turn off any background tasks). Nothing seems to work. Next step is a factory reset on the tablet and a re-install of DJI Fly, but I wanted to check here before I did that.

Any ideas?

i would go down the factory reset road ,then before you install the fly app delete or disable all apps that do not contribute to flying the drone, another thing is to disable cache to device in the settings of the fly app once you have reinstalled it ,make a note of any settings that you have in the fly app so you can revert to them after the reset ,and double check them before you fly again to make sure they are as you set them the DJI apps are very power hungry when in use and the less background stuff you have running the better, if it gets sorted ,then if you can just use the tablet for your drone flying

i would go down the factory reset road ,then before you install the fly app delete or disable all apps that do not contribute to flying the drone, another thing is to disable cache to device in the settings of the fly app once you have reinstalled it ,make a note of any settings that you have in the fly app so you can revert to them after the reset ,and double check them before you fly again to make sure they are as you set them the DJI apps are very power hungry when in use and the less background stuff you have running the better, if it gets sorted ,then if you can just use the tablet for your drone flying
Thanks for the reply. I did that, and it worked. Factory reset, re-installed DJI fly. Super smooth now.

I also installed a fast microSD card in the tablet and configured it as memory. I had an extra. I've not used Android laptops, but it appears that the system moved a set of system files on to the card and out of RAM. I double checked, and it left the DJI app on the device. I've not tried the drone with it since I put in the card.

FYI, when it's working properly, the 10" Lenovo screen is awesome. My 6.5" Galaxy Note 10+ was a nice image, but my old eyes really like the 10" screen.

Reactions: old man mavic
Does it have a built in compass? My Lenovo M8 didn't so I returned it.

Does it have a built in compass? My Lenovo M8 didn't so I returned it.
I don't know. I read on another thread (your post I think) that the only impact is which direction the arrow is pointing on the tracking widget at the bottom of the screen. Is that correct? I don't typically look at or use that, but if there are other impacts I'd like to know. From my few uses, it seems to work great and the big image on that 1080p screen is awesome. A 10" screen with a thin bezel (like the Lenovo Tab M10) is pretty awesome. I ordered an anti-glare screen protector and a hood today. Glare and sun make it really hard to see/use. It's not as bright as my Galaxy Note 10+, and I hope this takes care of that.

I don't know. I read on another thread (your post I think) that the only impact is which direction the arrow is pointing on the tracking widget at the bottom of the screen. Is that correct? I don't typically look at or use that, but if there are other impacts I'd like to know. From my few uses, it seems to work great and the big image on that 1080p screen is awesome. A 10" screen with a thin bezel (like the Lenovo Tab M10) is pretty awesome. I ordered an anti-glare screen protector and a hood today. Glare and sun make it really hard to see/use. It's not as bright as my Galaxy Note 10+, and I hope this takes care of that.
Yes it was me and a couple others I think. It gives you a directional view from the remote. I don't use it a whole lot either but I do want ALL functions from my tablet. I can't imagine a 10 inch screen and think it's way better viewing but it's just a little too big for my liking. If you don't care about that function it's probably a great choice.

Reactions: RandyBullard
Sorry to dig up an old thread but is there any way to keep the Lenovo from automatically charging itself from the Mavic controller? On Android phones, you have the option to select what happens when you plug the cord in but I don't see that anywhere. It's not a big deal but I have 5 MA2 batteries now and don't want the tablet drawing charge off the controller if I end up wanting to use all 5 batteries.

Last edited:
This model does not have installed compass chip...the direction indicator will not work....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom