DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini How to play 4K recordings

miken1074

Reactions
Hello. I’ve just bought my mavic mini 2 and a new sd card.

SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A2 App Performance + Rescue Pro Deluxe 170MB/s Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30, Red/Gold​

I’ve made some recordings in 4K but they won’t play on anything! I have tried my Blu-ray player (usb ports) and the sd card slot on my 4K tv. I don’t think the sd card slot on tv will play 4K I think that maxes out on 1080. Any ideas? Do you need a 4K player or something?

SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB microSDXC Memory Card + SD Adapter with A2 App Performance + Rescue Pro Deluxe 170MB/s Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30, Red/Gold​

I’ve made some recordings in 4K but they won’t play on anything! I have tried my Blu-ray player (usb ports) and the sd card slot on my 4K tv. I don’t think the sd card slot on tv will play 4K I think that maxes out on 1080. Any ideas? Do you need a 4K player or something?

Playing back recordings depends on what the player supports and what format you recorded in. Normally you would play these back on a computer/smartphone/tablet etc.

The two standard formats are MP4 and MOV but within those are the video codecs h.265 used mostly for 4K and h.264 for HD.

Reactions: tck444
Seems like more information is needed to troubleshoot the problem. How did you "make the recording"?"

The SD card that you have is probably fine.. Blu-ray players can play some files, and then they need to be in a certain file format for your player to play them, chances are they are not compatible. You'd have to look to see what formats your player can play and then covert them if needed if you wanted to continue to try and play them that way.. if its a new enough Smart TV, it should play most any 4K file, again, you'd have to check what is supported for the Smart TV you have.

As noted the video file formats can be set in settings.. MOV or MP4. and can be set to H.264 or H.265. H.265 is relatively new and requires more processing power to work with. So if you're using that setting, you may want to use H.264 and probably set it to MP4.

If you recorded videos in H.265, they will only play on relatively new computers and devices and would require a player that can manage the codecs for that format.. VLC comes to mind for a computer. you'd have to download the files from your SD card to your computer and install a copy of VLC and you could probably play your files.

For a Phone or tablet, if you have an IOS device, iMovie will work with them if you have a new enough device to play them. Not sure whats available for Droid.. The DJI Fly app will also let you view your files, but if your not connected to the AC, you'll only get the cache version on your device. Also remember, 4K files can be huge, 4GB for a few minutes of video, so your device would need a fair amount of storage.

If you have any video editing software, it should be able to play the files as well.. If you do not have any video editing programs, you may want to look into finding a program to work with your files, as drone video has no sound/audio and you may want to add free music or voice over for some of your work eventually.

Reactions: SkyeHigh

i think it should be V10... +je

i think it should be V10... +je
If the user has V30, thats a faster card, being a faster card should not be a problem...

It sounds like the user is not sure how to play the resulting files. I am not sure whether merely sticking the SD Card into a USB SD Adaptor or copy them to another USB Stick of some sort and plugging it into a Smart TV or Blu-ray player USB port will just work. it may also depend on whether it was recorded in H.264 or H265 on what the file will play on..

This thread has been inactive for a while, perhaps the user has figured it out by now.

If the user has V30, thats a faster card, being a faster card should not be a problem...

It sounds like the user is not sure how to play the resulting files. I am not sure whether merely sticking the SD Card into a USB SD Adaptor or copy them to another USB Stick of some sort and plugging it into a Smart TV or Blu-ray player USB port will just work. it may also depend on whether it was recorded in H.264 or H265 on what the file will play on..

This thread has been inactive for a while, perhaps the user has figured it out by now.
i meant we have lits of issues on 128 GB cards and even larged SDD’s with Windows in performance. With 32 GB class 10, we have no issues when formatted from within all types of drones. The blocks are different in huge cards, just try to imagine how huge 128 GB is. So, yes, i would advise as well, copying it to a simple 16 or 33 GB class 10 micro SD card. Then put it in a SD adapter to mini adapter (bigger SD) and try it afain. The limit of 2 GB for a file can play a role as well in FAT32 (even FAT 16 in limited format capacity) versus NT file format. The same issues we have with > 2TB drives that are not recognized by BIOS or as bootable drive in PC systems. It is a little bit technical and i am an old computer guy if 55 indeed. Mea minima culpa. +je

i meant we have lits of issues on 128 GB cards and even larged SDD’s with Windows in performance. With 32 GB class 10, we have no issues when formatted from within all types of drones. The blocks are different in huge cards, just try to imagine how huge 128 GB is. So, yes, i would advise as well, copying it to a simple 16 or 33 GB class 10 micro SD card. Then put it in a SD adapter to mini adapter (bigger SD) and try it afain. The limit of 2 GB for a file can play a role as well in FAT32 (even FAT 16 in limited format capacity) versus NT file format. The same issues we have with > 2TB drives that are not recognized by BIOS or as bootable drive in PC systems. It is a little bit technical and i am an old computer guy if 55 indeed. Mea minima culpa. +je
I know what your talking about, I guess I don't seem to really encounter these issues on my Mac.. Windows to me is a pain, its perpetually security compromised, patched and levels of complexity that the average person should never have to deal with.. Thats not to say any computer for the technically challenged is simple, However (IMHO) I find my Mac much more reliable than any Windows PC i've ever had to use, or fix for that matter with regards to storage and using various USB devices to access various media.

Reactions: Van Belle Jean Marc
I know what your talking about, I guess I don't seem to really encounter these issues on my Mac.. Windows to me is a pain, its perpetually security compromised, patched and levels of complexity that the average person should never have to deal with.. Thats not to say any computer for the technically challenged is simple, However (IMHO) I find my Mac much more reliable than any Windows PC i've ever had to use, or fix for that matter with regards to storage and using various USB devices to access various media.
Agree, try to copy pictures and videos of any iPhone with 256 or 512 GB and you know why you need a Mac indeed... ?. ut i can handle a PC and my own accountancy programm of only 25 uezrs that still works free and perfect for my customers in Mumps does not work in iOS... So there are two sides. i am a WordPerfect adept
as well. And now a drone adept! Thx. But you can ask me anything on all platforms, that is how i became 55 years. ? +je

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242