DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse and low battery

EnricoBrun

Reactions
What if we do not have enough battery to complete a hyperlapse?

My guess is RTH, Don't have a Mp2 but I can't believe DJI would allow you to complete a hyperlapse in exchange for a Mavic that doesn't have enough juice to return to base. My case is RTB take precedent.

in the settings I have not yet tried the maximum duration of a hyperlapse. I thought maybe you could pause, land to change the battery and then resume the precedence where left. I do not know

In my experience the GO 4 App will not let you start a Hyperlapse without enough battery power.
The app displays a popup informing you not enough battery power left to complete Hyperlapse.

Reactions: mavic24theclouds
In my experience the GO 4 App will not let you start a Hyperlapse without enough battery power.
The app displays a popup informing you not enough battery power left to complete Hyperlapse.
I confirm this aswell, the app always works out the time need for completion and in my experience take your preset RTM piont in consideration. I have also received the message from go 4 app.

which the maximum time of shots in hyperlapse mode, I have not looked..

The RTH feature kicks in. The Hyperlapse shooting will stop, the video will still process on board and the Mavic will return and land.

I've tried doing a really long shot and used more or less the full power of the battery but never been able to return to a set point and continue shooting with a new battery. Maybe this will be a future addition?

The RTH feature kicks in. The Hyperlapse shooting will stop, the video will still process on board and the Mavic will return and land.

I've tried doing a really long shot and used more or less the full power of the battery but never been able to return to a set point and continue shooting with a new battery. Maybe this will be a future addition?

Yup. This. I've shot a couple of full batteries doing hyperlapse. Go4 will let you start a hyperlapse and then extend how many frames are included as it's shooting. You can add more frames and keep adding, but Go4 keeps track of how long those frames will take to shoot and process into video. Once Go4 sees that your battery only has enough time left on it to process the video and fly home, it will not let you shoot anymore frames. The hyperlapse will stop and processing begins on your Mavic as you fly it home.

Reactions: EnricoBrun
Yup. This. I've shot a couple of full batteries doing hyperlapse. Go4 will let you start a hyperlapse and then extend how many frames are included as it's shooting. You can add more frames and keep adding, but Go4 keeps track of how long those frames will take to shoot and process into video. Once Go4 sees that your battery only has enough time left on it to process the video and fly home, it will not let you shoot anymore frames. The hyperlapse will stop and processing begins on your Mavic as you fly it home.
ah ok, good to know! what length of time hyperlapse did you manage to do at most?

A full battery gave me about 16 seconds of video. At 30 fps, that's about 480 still images. But you may be able to get more shots on a battery than I did. The evening I tried it, I was shooting in 20 degree F temperatures. Not great for battery life. :D

A full battery gave me about 16 seconds of video. At 30 fps, that's about 480 still images. But you may be able to get more shots on a battery than I did. The evening I tried it, I was shooting in 20 degree F temperatures. Not great for battery life. :D
not bad! total shooting time around? 15/20 min?

total shooting time around? 15/20 min?

Yup! Definitely less than 20 minutes. The software seems very conservative for how much time it needs to stitch the video and fly home. I used one battery to fly straight forward at 1 mph during the hyperlapse. When Go4 told me it couldn't take any more images for the hyperlapse, I turned around and flew home at a little over 30 mph. I hovered while the video finished encoding and still had plenty of battery left in the tank to take some more stills and play around a bit more before landing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic