DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse issues, AGAIN

ivar_pb

Reactions
Hi guys!

I just recieved a new DJI AIR2S in the mail after the previous one was sent in because of issues while flying in Hyperlapse mode. When I was flying in any of the hyperlapse modes the drone would either slowly, or in jerks, move itself away from what was the original point of view. So if it was in course lock mode and it was supposed to fly towards an object, the object would soon dissapear as the drone would slowly work its way to the right. This was the only reason for me to get this drone and I was excited to test it out and dissapointed that it didnt work. The footage in the links below I did today after getting a completely new drone in the mail. I was hoping that the problem was only in the previous drone and that the new drone would work like it should. Sadly it didn't.

And I find it veird, since clearly people post videos on youtube with straight hyperlapses, waypoint hyperlapses, circle hyperlapses etc. Especially when you want to do day-to-night flying, accuracy becomes important. And there is just no way that I can do this when the drone behaves like this. Again, like the last drone, when I look at the map, the drone ends up exactly where it should, and even while its turning around away from where it should be pointing, the arrow on the map representing where the drone is pointed, is still pointing straight forward even though its clear that it is not anymore. I therefore concluded that its not some outside factor like wind that would push it away, but rather something wrong with the gps or some movement sensor in the unit. Or, it could be that when the drone does hyperlapse the map doesnt really show what the drone does, just what it is supposed to do. I really dont know. I am pretty bummed by this realization and hope that someone out there with more experience than me can tell me what is wrong, and hopefully how to fix this. Thank you very much!

Test 1

Test 2

Ivar

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_