DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed and rear leg need repair.

Joe Air

Reactions
Problem: crashed my drone at a tree at low altitude and the rear leg looks dislodged. No visible crack.

Was unit in a crash: yes

What have you tried so far: I tor down almost everything revealing the 3 wires soldering point inside the drone.

What device are you using: hwawei nova 2i

What firmware are you running: latest

What Go app version are you using: dji 4

Any modification: no

Did you change anything or install any apps: no

hi all, i was basically doing the active track on my wife while she was biking when I took my eyes off the drone and it flew backwards and crashed into the branches and fell to a lush soft grass. It was prob a 15feet fall. And a soft landing.

The rear arm look dislodged revealing the silver piece inside. But I just cannot seem to push it back in even after loosening both the tiny torque screw on both side. I'm wondering has anyone had done this repair b4?

Attachments

• IMG_20190526_141337.jpg
    IMG_20190526_141337.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20190526_141325.jpg
    IMG_20190526_141325.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20190526_141313.jpg
    IMG_20190526_141313.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
I can help. Ive done hundreds of them. You are almost done already, youve done the hard part of removing the body and core board.

Just unsolder the 3 wires, and then install the new arm.

That is what I'm planning to do next. I cannot see the extend of the damage without removing the legs. Will get to work tomorrow and use the soldering iron from work to unsolder the wires.
I have a feeling the damage is on the body attachment point rather then the leg itself. We will see that tmr. Tks for advice. :)

That is what I'm planning to do next. I cannot see the extend of the damage without removing the legs. Will get to work tomorrow and use the soldering iron from work to unsolder the wires.
I have a feeling the damage is on the body attachment point rather then the leg itself. We will see that tmr. Tks for advice. :)

Have you powered the drone on since the crash? If the gimbal took a hit, you might want to address that first. Gimbals are not easy to troubleshoot on an Air.

Once you get the 3 wires off, there are 4 screws that attach the arm attachment axis (the metal showing.

It does not appear to be separated from the main body shell so the shell may be fine. The axis piece may be shot because the leg doesn't look that bad (from the photo)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002