DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I did research, but want to confirm.

astroprojector

Reactions
Reactions: Cafguy
Hi There

I am planning a trip to France in May. I will be in Paris and Loire Valley. I am planning to bring a Mini 3 or 4 (have not decided yet). From what I gather the Drone rules in France are very restricting and according to this map https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/donnees/restrictions-uas-categorie-ouverte-et-aeromodelisme, anywhere where it is red it is a strict No Fly zone.

I am correct or can I fly recreationally with Mini drone with out registration?

Thank you
Be aware that France, as a member of the European Union, is party to the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations and has some additional rules of their own. There is not option for flying a non-toy drone without registration.
A couple of years ago, I went through the process getting an EU drone license, but that's only part of the current requirements. When I visited France last year, I left the drone at home. It just wasn't worth the fuss, in my opinion. I don't regret that decision. There was less to carry around and I had more time to really enjoying the scenery, talking with people, and doing my part to ease the surplus of great wines, cheeses, and breads that plagues the country.

You may hear a few folks tell you to just ignore the rules and take the drone. Sure, you can probably get away with it in remote places, but it's disrespectful and you'll be looking over your shoulder the entire time.

Enjoy your trip, whatever you decide.

Here's another summary of drone rules for France. There are number of similar sites, and EASA and the French civil aviation authority have good websites.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Hi, I can confirm what is stated above for drone registration.
In addition all tourist spots are usually no flying zone, and it makes sense as a lot of tourists are there.
I am living in the Loire Valley, and it is true for Loire Valley castles. For instance, you have also some helicopters tours and ballons tours flying around....
So forget about taking castle drones, BUT you can find some spots away from cities, castles, where you can enjoy the LOire river, and it is worth a fly.

Reactions: MS Coast
Hi, I can confirm what is stated above for drone registration.
In addition all tourist spots are usually no flying zone, and it makes sense as a lot of tourists are there.
I am living in the Loire Valley, and it is true for Loire Valley castles. For instance, you have also some helicopters tours and ballons tours flying around....
So forget about taking castle drones, BUT you can find some spots away from cities, castles, where you can enjoy the LOire river, and it is worth a fly.
Thanks, I will be visiting Loire Valley and noticed all the Chateau and castle in the NFZ.

Be aware that France, as a member of the European Union, is party to the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) regulations and has some additional rules of their own. There is not option for flying a non-toy drone without registration.
A couple of years ago, I went through the process getting an EU drone license, but that's only part of the current requirements. When I visited France last year, I left the drone at home. It just wasn't worth the fuss, in my opinion. I don't regret that decision. There was less to carry around and I had more time to really enjoying the scenery, talking with people, and doing my part to ease the surplus of great wines, cheeses, and breads that plagues the country.

You may hear a few folks tell you to just ignore the rules and take the drone. Sure, you can probably get away with it in remote places, but it's disrespectful and you'll be looking over your shoulder the entire time.

Here's another summary of drone rules for France. There are number of similar sites, and EASA and the French civil aviation authority have good websites.
I did all required registrations for the non-EU resident and even to a course, but most likely will be leaving the drone at home.

Follow the rules...Hmmm Yes. I think that is a biggie. And I think that most or all of us are always trying to do the right thing. But I also think that most of us get into areas that we roll the dice in. But for me... not in a foreign land. Just to dangerous

Hi There

I am planning a trip to France in May. I will be in Paris and Loire Valley. I am planning to bring a Mini 3 or 4 (have not decided yet). From what I gather the Drone rules in France are very restricting and according to this map https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/donnees/restrictions-uas-categorie-ouverte-et-aeromodelisme, anywhere where it is red it is a strict No Fly zone.

I am correct or can I fly recreationally with Mini drone with out registration?

Thank you
I obtained what I needed for flying a mini 3 Pro in France quite easily and I had many enjoyable flights last summer with no problems. Sure there are lots of red zones, but there are still many areas that are fine and photogenic! I had all my documents with me when I flew and followed the rules.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13