DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I don’t know what happened

Verno1974

Reactions
I was flying my drone in front of my house, went out over the ice on the lake. Was about 1.5 meters above the ice. The altitude just dropped on its own and smacked into the ice. And of course the ice is to thin to go and retrieve it on foot. Praying it’s still on the surface in the morning and will try to go out in a dingy as it’s only about 30 meters offshore. Any idea how I can upload the flight record
Off an iPhone? You can see there’s a few times in the flight we’re the altitude changes without any joystick movement.

Think you have to connect to iTunes to retrieve the logs from the Go4 app

Yes it was in sport mode
OK, It has been fairly well documented that the Mavic will lose altitude rather quickly with 'solid' control input in sports mode.
Normally not an issue at hieght AGL, but low down, disaster commonly.
Post your logs, the instructions in the link I provided give both Android and Fruit instructions.
One of our resident experts hopefully can take a look. @msinger @sar104 I think though, I might be right even without the logs....

Flying that close to the ground in sport mode is a good way to destroy a drone. Altitude drops as the pitch of the craft increases, and there is no sensor there to save you.

Man that sux so bad. Thanks for the input guys. I’ll try to upload the txt file tomorrow but it sounds like it’s no fault of the drone. Expensive lesson.

I can’t see how you can retrieve it with a dinghy. If it’s still sitting on top of the ice, surely the ice will crack as you approach it.

Do you know anyone with a fishing rod? Even if you can’t hook it from the shore, at least you could get a little closer in your boat?

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesA
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lzt300b