DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I first posted this last fall, but deleted it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo3snQQwq5Q

Gringorio

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I posted this last fall, but deleted it. However, I thought it was too good to not share.
Mavic Pro 2

Reactions: Porky and Simmo
Great video - Thanks for sharing!
I assume you might have been on one of the boats? (seems pretty far from shore) If so, I have questions on how you took off, landed, etc.

Great video - Thanks for sharing!
I assume you might have been on one of the boats? (seems pretty far from shore) If so, I have questions on how you took off, landed, etc.

Flying from a ship isn't too difficult, but of course depending on the size of the boat/ship. There's lots of members here who also fly from boats, you use the search function to find threads on the subject. I usually hand-launch, though sometimes I take off from the deck. Have to be careful of magnetic interference (a whole other story, with plenty of threads about the subject). For landing, I always hand-catch except when weather causes pitching and rolling. That's when I have a fellow crew hold the drone for launching and they also catch so I can maintain balance and good control of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys