DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I just flew my drone it said gps single weak unable to hover with new update

mavicmaestro

Reactions
Time lag on video it said gps signal weak will not hover fly with caution as I took it to 15 m I got worried that it might get stuck up in the air so I brought it down. It was cloudy and snowing. Did the time lag have and still video have anything to do with the gps.

Has any one had this issue with the new update

Reactions: Lear55pilot
I don't know about the update but the manual does say something about snowing.

Loss of GPS shouldn’t prevent the aircraft from hovering. There have been a number of recent reports of false GPS Weak messages.

Were you in an open area with little to block the GPS reception?

The video lag is unusual though. What mobile device were you using?

If you can post your logs one of the forum members should be able to confirm if it was a genuine issue or not.

Time lag on video it said gps signal weak will not hover fly with caution as I took it to 15 m I got worried that it might get stuck up in the air so I brought it down. It was cloudy and snowing. Did the time lag have and still video have anything to do with the gps.

I also had this occur and it was apparently a fluke report as I brought plane back and restarted it and it has not reoccurred.. Likely a non issue.

The warning about hovering meant that without GPS, the drone would have lost horizontal position holding so when hovering the drone would not stay fixed in place. - not a big deal unless it's close to obstacles.
Cloudy or snowing has no effect on GPS.
Video lag, likewise.
Since there have been so many false alarm messages about Mavics losing GPS (even though they maintained full GPS), your case might have been another one.
The flight data would need to be looked at to determine if that was the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: rickfmdj
At first I thought you really did mean "it said weak GPS signal unable to hover with new update." Now I see you meant "after a new update it said 'weak GPS signal, unable to hover." But was it really just "Weak GPS Signal" as a message, only???? I've never seen "unable to hover" as even without GPS it can hover as long as you control it. Nevertheless, I've seen "Weak GPS signal" pop up a few times before some recent updates. It always went away and I could see I did have numerous satellite signals.

This has been a known bug since the 1.2.4 sadly it’s made the mini 2 very unstable

YouTube has a number of reviews on this issue. I'm testing tomorrow!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54