DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I know, I know.. another litchi question

7d1

Reactions
So I have an Air 2s and a Mini 2. I have a question regarding the waypoint feature that can be set pre flight or through mission hub.Let's say I set an autonomous flight through Litchi and the link is lost from the controller to the aircraft, will it continue fulfilling the mission and then return back. Or once its lost does it auto return home and abort?

Thanks for the help.

This is from the manual, under Settings, Aircraft.

Signal Lost Behavior: This defines the behavior of the aircraft if signal is lost; choose between "Hover", "Landing" or "Return To Home".

Exit Waypoint Mission on Signal Loss: When enabled, waypoint missions will end when signal is lost. When that happens, the drone will then execute the failsafe procedure (which can be changed with the "Signal Lost Behavior" setting). This setting cannot be changed for newer DJI drones (Mavic Mini 1, Mini 2, Mini SE, Mavic Air 2 and Air 2S) as they are not able to continue waypoint missions beyond signal range.

You can download the manual by ckicking on the Gears icon, General, Help. You'll need to be connected to the internet.

Reactions: jake20934
So far to date, any Craft that comes with FLY App does not have autonomous features & processing on the main board of craft, thus no ability to store & process uploaded flight data.

That has been the concern of the M3 firmware too. It’s unknown if these crafts can support if FW were updated to allow or if processing is not available.

Reactions: Yaros
There is some confusion here about which signal is being talked about. The upload download signals or the GPS signals. Litchi will continue flying it’s mission without problems of any kind so long as the GPS positioning is ok, without any connection at all with the controller. The pilot will pass some very long moments waiting for the drone to return until the remote controller re-connects, but everything will be fine.

It is when the GPS signal fails that the choices apply.

There is some confusion here about which signal is being talked about. The upload download signals or the GPS signals. Litchi will continue flying it’s mission without problems of any kind so long as the GPS positioning is ok, without any connection at all with the controller. The pilot will pass some very long moments waiting for the drone to return until the remote controller re-connects, but everything will be fine.

That's not true with the newer drones, all the commands come from the app so if it loses RC connection, then it can't complete the mission. Onboard storage of waypoints are needed for that. All of the newer drones use "virtual sticks" which the commands are coming from the controller. I think the last couple drones with built in waypoints (at the consumer level) were the M2P/Z and P4P.

Check post #2 above, that is a section out of Litchi manual. All crafts released that use Fly App can not continue if disconnected.

Reactions: AZDave
I’m not sure if this is consistent to all DJI models, but has in fact happen to me. I was flying a preplanned/preloaded Litchi mission with a MP2Z. I did lose contact. It was a bit nerve racking for a minute or two, but communication was reestablished and the mission completed flawlessly.
I’ve used litchi quite a bit. A couple important things I have learned:
1) Be sure to set your lost communications option to continue mission (not return to home).
2) I ALWAYS set my last way point of the mission back to where I started, even of the mission is complete somewhere else - this ensures that no matter what happens (barring a catastrophic failure), the drone will return.

This is not relevant, as the original post was asking about Litchi, which runs in the drone itself, and doesn't require a connection to the controller.

This is not relevant, as the original post was asking about Litchi, which runs in the drone itself, and doesn't require a connection to the controller.
Actually that is not correct... it was accurate on Go4app drones.
Not on Fly App Drones... no signal, no mission.
Aka: virtual sticks... the mission is flown by playing the sequence of flight commands as if pilot is on sticks. NO Uploading into onboard memory.

Clip from Litchi Manual:
Screenshot_20220204-102951_Gallery.jpg

You're wrong, and you should quit giving wrong advice. It is totally relevant for the newer DJI drones ... such as the Air 2S the OP asked about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair