DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need a new USB C to mini A connector for my remote - any recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

Yesterday, the stock USB C to USB mini A connector that comes with the remote controller disconnected on me three times mid flight. I finally gave up on it and used the longer USB to USB C adaptor that came with the charger. While it works fine, it destroys the ergonomics of the remote controller; I just can't hold the remote controller the same way with this longer cable. Does any one have recommendations for a new cable? I am not sure I want to buy the DJI one again. I will be grateful for your recommendations.

Yesterday, the stock USB C to USB mini A connector that comes with the remote controller disconnected on me three times mid flight. I finally gave up on it and used the longer USB to USB C adaptor that came with the charger. While it works fine, it destroys the ergonomics of the remote controller; I just can't hold the remote controller the same way with this longer cable. Does any one have recommendations for a new cable? I am not sure I want to buy the DJI one again. I will be grateful for your recommendations.
I found several cables on Amazon.
They were not expensive, and they work perfectly.
I will try to locate link to product I bought, and will send to you.

I use magnetic type cable.
AliExpress .com link
TOPK 1M 3A Magnetic Cable Fast Charging Type C Cable For iPhone Charger Data Charge Micro USB Cable Quick Charge 3.0 USB C Cable

The thing is, I want exactly the type of cable that comes with the remote and can tuck in to the side receses like the DJI stock conector does; but sturdier. When I use the bottom USB outlet and plug in a USB c cable on the side, it just makes holding the remote difficult.

Amazon has many

Assuming you are using Android @Doppler ? If using iOS send me a message, I have no iOS devices and likely never will, if the Apple cable will work for you, you are welcome to have it.

Thank you @naiku, that was very kind of you. but I am also on Android.

No problem, I figured it was likely Android as you had mentioned USB to USB-C, but thought it was worth checking. Take a look at monoprice, I have bought USB cables from them in the past and they are good quality. Short of that, your best bet may be DJI themselves... Mavic Remote Controller Cable - DJI Store

I just spent the last half hour on Amazon; can't seem to be able to find one that is of the same length and shape as the stock mini USB to USB C connector that comes with the remote. I think I will just by the DJI cable, was hoping to find something sturdier but there seems to be none.

Thanks tuscy, I ordered the Adam Elements RC cable, I reasoned the angled connector wouldn't make holding the remote difficult. Glad to hear it is so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo