DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Pad Mini in portrait mode

Sierra Drone

Reactions
Rather odd question I'm sure but....
Brand new to this hobby and just acquired a new Mavic Air. While playing with the controller connected to my old full size ipad I found that the DJI GO4 app will only display in landscape mode. Obviously that isn't useable looking at it sideways so I'm wondering if that is an issue with the I Pad Mini? If so how do you get around it? Thanks

Why would you look at it sideways when you can just turn the tablet into landscape mode?

Even if you were able to see it in portrait mode, that gives you a very small video window with large amounts of unused screen space above and below it.

Let try that again.... The controller that came with my Mavic Air will hold a smartphone or tablet about a max of 6.5" wide. Mini tablets that I see advertised show that they run 5" x 8". The DJI Go4 app seems to operate in the landscape mode as it should.
How does one go about using a Mini I Pad?
Thanks again!

Well how do you beat that! I was considering making up something but this looks perfect.
Now the use of the mini tablets makes sense.
Thank you!!

The iPad Mini 4 and 5 fits into the Mavic Air controller without extra mounts.

So is it a Mavic air, or the air 2? big difference as to how the mini is held. I have a MA2 and fly with an iPad mini , no problems.

IMG_4672.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS