DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imagine a Mavic Air in Upper Austria :+)

Cool video! Good transitions!
What did you use for the underwater clip of the ducks swimming?
Glad you enjoyed it ... highly recommend a visit there.
Using a Hero 7 Black for underwater shots mounted on a small tripod in the lake bed.
The OSMO Pocket did most of still images & videos on ground.
Hero 7 perfect in car using optical stabiliser at 4K / 30fps

Reactions: Thomas B
Excellent video. I like how you mixed the Air footage with all others to get a great work. I was just in Vienna for a couple of days. Now I know I have to venture much further from the city to see the rest of the best. Sehr schön.

I have some questions about flying UAS in Austia, if you would be so kind as to take a moment. Before my trip, I looked at the drone laws in Austria, Germany, And the Netherlands.
In Austria it appeared they required you to have a license costing €500/year in order to film. I am a Part 107 pilot in the US, so most of the regs looked reasonable in Austria and the Netherlands, (not so much so in Germany).
Any personal experience you can share around this topic would be most appreciated. Next time I visit I would like to bring my M2, but I would also like to have it when I depart!

Thank you!
Phillip

I have some questions about flying UAS in Austia, if you would be so kind as to take a moment. Before my trip, I looked at the drone laws in Austria, Germany, And the Netherlands.
In Austria it appeared they required you to have a license costing €500/year in order to film. I am a Part 107 pilot in the US, so most of the regs looked reasonable in Austria and the Netherlands, (not so much so in Germany).
Any personal experience you can share around this topic would be most appreciated. Next time I visit I would like to bring my M2, but I would also like to have it when I depart!

Thank you!
Phillip
Vienna city is a no fly zone even holding a Austro Control license.

Special permits needed for filming in central Vienna.

Flying outside city limits eg; countryside, villages is permitted only with a license.

No license issued without proof of public liability insurance. €500 is a good overall ball park figure.

Can fly dusk to dawn 7 days a week with a license.

By law lift off only permitted if 50 metres from the nearest person.

Flying above large groups of people in public places not permitted.

Enjoy your visit to Vienna !

Br Ken

Thank you, Ken! I appreciate this information and will look into the licensing requirements.

All the best,

Phil

I have tried to find Artist for the scores but I have not been able to get what I think might be the correct site. Do you have a URL that you could share?

Vienna city is a no fly zone even holding a Austro Control license.

Special permits needed for filming in central Vienna.

Flying outside city limits eg; countryside, villages is permitted only with a license.

No license issued without proof of public liability insurance. €500 is a good overall ball park figure.

Can fly dusk to dawn 7 days a week with a license.

By law lift off only permitted if 50 metres from the nearest person.

Flying above large groups of people in public places not permitted.

Enjoy your visit to Vienna !

Br Ken

So EU wide rules were announced in June, with some slated to take effect in June 2020:

“Europe will be the first region in the world to have a comprehensive set of rules ensuring safe, secure and sustainable operations of drones both, for commercial and leisure activities. Common rules will help foster investment, innovation and growth in this promising sector” said Patrick Ky, Executive Director of EASA.

The common rules will help drone operators, whether professional or recreational, to have a clear understanding of what is allowed or not. At the same time it enables them to operate across borders. Once drone operators have received an authorisation in the state of registration, they are allowed to freely circulate in the European Union. This means that they can operate their drones seamlessly when travelling across the EU or when developing a business involving drones around Europe.

EU wide rules on drones published | Safe, secure and sustainable operation of drones | EASA

This is the timeline for adoption of EU-wide rules.

Drone user can start operating in limited ‘Open’ category. Between June 2020 till June 2022:

• Drones with a weight less than 500g may be operated in an area where reasonably it is expected that no uninvolved person is overflown
  • Drones with weight up to 2 kg may be operated up to 50 m horizontal distance from people
  • Drones with weight up to 25 kg may be operated at 150 m horizontal distance of residential, recreational and industrial areas, in a range where reasonably it is expected that no uninvolved person is overflown during the entire time of the operation

But Austria Control isn’t sure yet whether these EU rules will supersede their own rules in June 2020.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan