DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration Error

Reelman67

Reactions
I went to fly the other day from a pasture with tall grass. Being a bit lazy, I set my drone pad on top of the grass, not on solid ground, and may have been slightly skewed, not level. In the DJI Go 4 app, I got the calibrate IMU error msg. First time ever, this being my second DJI drone, 17 months of flying. I did perform the calibration as instructed. I am a bit perplexed by this and wondering if this scenario was the cause of the error msg. I have since flown without incident several times with no further error messages. Comment?

Reactions: old man mavic
@Reelman67 I went to fly the other day from a pasture with tall grass. Being a bit lazy, I set my drone pad on top of the grass, not on solid ground, and may have been slightly skewed, not level. In the DJI Go 4 app, I got the calibrate IMU error msg. First time ever, this being my second DJI drone, 17 months of flying. I did perform the calibration as instructed. I am a bit perplexed by this and wondering if this scenario was the cause of the error msg. I have since flown without incident several times with no further error messages. Comment?
it was simply because the drone was not level when the IMU was initialising on start up ,its important to make sure you have it as level as possible, you can replicate the same message if after you land ,pick up the drone and tilt it ,and you will see IMU error

it was simply because the drone was not level when the IMU was initialising on start up ,its important to make sure you have it as level as possible, you can replicate the same message if after you land ,pick up the drone and tilt it ,and you will see IMU error
Thanks for the response. I've been flying with filters, checking out their effect, and am pleased. It is interesting to note, wherever we are in the world, we all pretty much experience the same issues, whether they be technical, with people, or spouses. This forum is a huge repository of knowledge and advice.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
26bgomez