DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration Technique

MavicFT1P

Reactions
So IMU Calibration.
This may have been asked before, but the pictures are a little deceiving.

I always assumed in the different poses, you were supposed to leave it lying, standing on it's own (No holding it with your hands).
Is this the correct way? For instance when you sit it on it's bum/vertical, it kind of sags 20 degrees towards horizontal.

I also noticed that "The Grid...A cluster of..*cough. The Grid if looked at closely shows Mavic being placed in different places
in relation to the grid? Is this at all important?

Long story, I always thought they were simple stanaces so the IMU could get work out it's basic orientation
Is this Accurate?
Or does every cm this way or that affecct the final IMU calibration

I never thought about it, as when checking my sensors before each flight, the bars were all green and at zero.

Thanks for clearing this up =)

you only need to calibrate the IMU if asked for it by the app if the sensor bars are all green and low as you say then dont mess with the calibration,the different positions that the drone is placed in during calibration are to give the IMU reference points so it knows which way up it is during flight, it is quite different to the PH3S i had which required the drone to be perfectly level during IMU calibration and not to be moved till it had finished

you only need to calibrate the IMU if asked for it by the app if the sensor bars are all green and low as you say then dont mess with the calibration,the different positions that the drone is placed in during calibration are to give the IMU reference points so it knows which way up it is during flight, it is quite different to the PH3S i had which required the drone to be perfectly level during IMU calibration and not to be moved till it had finished

Thanks. I'm glad its it's the self explanatory version.
I think the only test that made me think maybe i should hold it a bit more vertical is where its sits on the light.
The picture shows as meant to be standing vertical, but we all know it off, as i said about 20 degrees when sitting vertical.
If your drawing a straight line throught it that is.

I'll worry more about my compass i think.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929