DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration

DeeJay

Reactions
Trying to calibrate my IMU on a M2P after starting the process it sits for over 30 minutes and does nothing?? What am I doing wrong?

Trying to calibrate my IMU on a M2P after starting the process it sits for over 30 minutes and does nothing?? What am I doing wrong?
Not sure if DJI fixed it, but in the "early days", the onscreen instructions showed the wrong position for two of the steps.
So, it's waiting for you to put the AC in the expected position.
The manual lists all the positions so if you get nothing in a position, try one of the others that haven't been completed yet.

It also has to be perfectly still. Some positions are hard to maintain without support so you may be tempted to hold it in place. If you don't have steady hands, the motion will prevent completion of that step.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Not sure if DJI fixed it, but in the "early days", the onscreen instructions showed the wrong position for two of the steps.
So, it's waiting for you to put the AC in the expected position.
The manual lists all the positions so if you get nothing in a position, try one of the others that haven't been completed yet.

It also has to be perfectly still. Some positions are hard to maintain without support so you may be tempted to hold it in place. If you don't have steady hands, the motion will prevent completion of that step.
Thanks Dan I will give that a try bud

I have the same issue on my Mavic Air
Just keep say please wait .. after 25 mins I give up .. as my Mavic and iPhone battery ( on app ) was draining away ..

This has occurred to my M2P once and it turned out that it was because I did not position the craft according to the instruction on the screen of the GO APP. It told me to rest the craft on one side but I did it on the opposite side.

This has occurred to my M2P once and it turned out that it was because I did not position the craft according to the instruction on the screen of the GO APP. It told me to rest the craft on one side but I did it on the opposite side.
Thanks for the reply, the thing is the app does not tell me to change the position it just hangs. It starts off saying put it in the normal flat poss and that's it nothing from then on?

Thanks for the reply, the thing is the app does not tell me to change the position it just hangs. It starts off saying put it in the normal flat poss and that's it nothing from then on?
All I got on my Mavic air is calibrating .. please wait, and stay on there for EVER. and nothing from than on ..

Mavic Air 1 : I had same issue. Found a video on youtube showing what the next positions are for calibration. You need to take the lead and go to the next position and dont wait for the instruction. Strange, but it worked.

Compass and IMU don't affect each other's calibration.
Thanks to you all for your help. I think it is all solved now! I just move it to the different positions after leaving it for about a minute regardless of what the graphic shows, that seems to work fine. Thanks again y'all

it will work easily. The problem is the image they give, it looks like it's supposed to be on its feet, but it's not the case except the first position. There are 6 positions that the drone needs to be moved into. The first is flat, the next few are on its sides, then on its butt and then the nose down, then the first two again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada