DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

In depth questions from a new Mini 3 Pro owner

shpongl3d

Reactions
Hello everyone, I had some problems with my Mavic 2 Pro gimbal which I unfortunately couldn't fix myself so in the end I bought a Mini 3 Pro with RC controller.
It an amazing little drone and in some ways nicer to handle than Mavic 2 but the app feels somewhat limited and not everything is described in the manual.
So I have some questions after transitioning and burning through few batteries in my backyard and around.
1. In the DJI fly app, is there a way to change the remaining flight time so it shows time until forced landing (the one you can prevent with the throttle stick up)? Out of the box it shows time remaining until the forced landing you can not prevent, the point to which I don't want to get to when flying.
2. Mini 3 Pro batteries discharge only to 96% after one day, and then to 60% after nine days. Is this 96% level enough to prevent the battery damage? Or is it better to discharge them to around 75%? I am thinking about scenario when I charged them to 100% in the evening, but the next morning it turns out it is raining and I will not be flying for for example 2 days.
3. Is there somewhere a list of shoots (and maybe a map) which are taken during each type of mastershot? And how does the M3P chooses which one to take?
4. Is there a way to stop zooming at 2x? Both using the wheel and the in app button? Zooming using button is really nice, but is only usable from 1x to 2x, zooming more than 2x provides really crappy video and then it zooms back from 4x to 1x in one go.
5. I really like the new active track modes and how they combine visual tracking at close distances with using subjects gps position at longer distances and how nicely it is presented in the app. But I am wondering if it is possible to use POI mode like in the Mavic 2, just using position, so I can orbit around an object and not have it in frame?
I am also curious if there is any way to get into the course lock mode outside of Hyperlapse? Course lock combined with subject tracking was a very nice feature in Mavic 1, this type of movement (flying in one line having the subject in frame all the time) is very hard to do using just the sticks.
Hope someone helps me finding answer to the questions, I didn't find answers to them after reading the whole manual.
Cheers

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe