DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor Droning and Video

spamgnome

Reactions
I have an opportunity to fly my Air 2 indoors (a warehouse) and wanted to see what settings people recommend. Here's my list so far. Appreciate any others.

- Tripod mode
- no ND filters
- collision avoidance ON

I have an opportunity to fly my Air 2 indoors (a warehouse) and wanted to see what settings people recommend. Here's my list so far. Appreciate any others.

- Tripod mode
- no ND filters
- collision avoidance ON
Add this to your "fly indoors" list:
- DON'T

Not to mention there must be a whole lot of metal (whatever kind) surrounding that warehouse. It doesn't matter what you set RTH to if the drone doesn't know where (or how high) it is. Just sayin'

Reactions: GFields and dozzn
I don't recommend "flying" a drone indoors for reasons mentioned already and other safety issues. If you do, make sure you have good insurance

I'm surprised more haven't chimed in on your flying your Air 2 in a warehouse. I often fly my Mini indoors but am aware of limiting or changing conditions that affect safe controllable flying.

An important issue, is it bright and contrasty enough for the Mini's bottom location sensor for accurate hovering and how many GPS satellites am I going to reliably get or is the Mini going to go into and out of ATTI Mode? I don't mind flying in ATTI as long as it stays in one mode and I can adjust my flying. Not fun if it switches in and out so be prepared to quickly pause your flight with a short press on the RTH button on the Mini's FC.

Also watch for ground effect and wind currents. 3rd party apps - Litchi and Maven allow me to turn off the bottom landing sensor that kicks in about 20 inches so I can turn it off if I am flying over, thru or close to objects and don't want the Mini to auto rise up into something. And as had been said, set RTH on signal loss to hover so if you are flying behind an object or in another room and lose signal, it will hover after 11 seconds and you can walk closer to regain control. You usually get video breakup on your device well before losing actual control.

With my mini I use auto pano with Litchi to take a 360 indoor pano usually with surprising good results. Try it in your livingroom. That's also a good place to practice before going to the warehouse to see if you get GPS and lighting warnings or experiment with ATTI mode. If you have prop guards they take some of the pressure off. Forgot, you have anti-collision sensors. I don't know how sensitive they are and if they will kick in too often or if they are always needed.

You have an Air 2 so note what I am saying applies to my Mini and Litchi and sometimes DJI Fly if I am not doing panos and want the landing sensor turned off. Also I fly normal mode not "Tripod" as I find that while the yaw is good for cinematic panning, it may be too slow for accurate yawing when flying. I can always slow the panning down when needed for video.

Reactions: merak75
I sometimes fly indoors with MM2 or M2 zoom. Prop guards pretty much essential. Usually no GPS signal so drone in ATTI mode, it will drift. Watch out for ‘wall/ceiling effect’ (drone gets sucked in) if you get close(hence prop guards). Colour balance may well be off. Cine mode used.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61