DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insane range on the Mini 2

DarkFoxy

Reactions
18,000 ft = 5.5km. I think that it's a respectable range for the Mini 2 considering that these aren't near perfect conditions when flying. I think that it says a lot abovut how much the Mini 2 has improved. I'd love to see someone test out the 10km range, however, but that would take maybe attaching a second battery to the drone. Can it be done? Has someone actually done it?

Impressive !!!!

18,000 ft = 5.5km. I think that it's a respectable range for the Mini 2 considering that these aren't near perfect conditions when flying. I think that it says a lot abovut how much the Mini 2 has improved. I'd love to see someone test out the 10km range, however, but that would take maybe attaching a second battery to the drone. Can it be done? Has someone actually done it?

That’s like the perfect place for a range test. Nice job

Reactions: CLAYB.7

Yes this guy has hit the 11km range.

I've seen two youtubers hit the 11km range, and they all say that the drone has a 11km hard-coded limit. Meaning that the drone will disconnect despite the signal being fine. Also, the guy is from the UK, so his MM2 is operating in CE mode which has a max of 6km.

Reactions: CLAYB.7

Amazing. Nearly as tense as Neil Armstrong’s powered descent! Congrats!

What will the drone do when it reaches 11000m and loses the signal? Will it land or return to home at 17% capacity? Thank you for reply Igor

Tryin to figure out why can't reach more than 2500m FCC in a place without many houses near a farm.

What will the drone do when it reaches 11000m and loses the signal? Will it land or return to home at 17% capacity? Thank you for reply Igor
When loses signal the drone first goes back 50meters, then wait for 10 seconds, if the control don't connect again, the drone will do what was configured to do in the application, can be: Return to Home, Hover or Landing. But with a stock mini 2 at 10km the drone will not have more battery left, in this case will land.

I took mine further than my M2P and MA2 were capable of going. In fact, I turned back before it was done going. I couldn’t believe how much further I was. Wasn’t near its advertised range, but in my populated area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc