DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent flight modes question

worldtraveller

Reactions
Hi,

Been watching some reviews on YouTube and one reviewer mentioned something that has got me thinking whilst I wait for my order......can anybody confirm that if you use the intelligent flight modes on the Mavic 2 Air (rocket, helix, circle etc.) that it will only take videos at 1080p and that 4K (either 30fps or 60fps) is not possible???

If it is true that it will only record at 1080p whilst using the intelligent flight modes then that might change things for me ?.

Anybody know? I can still cancel my order as it has not yet been sent out

thanks !

Jerry

I saw that too but I'm really hoping that's not the case since the Mini is recording quick shots at its full 2.7k@30 resolution. It would be weird to have the Air 2 more limited than this. I noticed the resolution options for hyperlapse for instance are under the "..." button in the top right corner, only available after you select hyperlapse mode. I'm hoping it's something similar and he just didn't notice it.

i think that until the full manual is released that we will know all the specs, its the same with the supposed lack of a pause button, and then someone says that its a combined RTH and pause button, a quick press for pause and a long press for RTH go figure

Keep in mind that the preview videos you see are likely using beta or pre-release versions. Most of them talk about the 8k Hyperlapse not working for them but it will be ready at launch.

While the hardware is baked the software is still evolving. If you’re concerned about only one feature then you should wait until people get production units and production software in their hands before ordering.

Reactions: Mossiback
Decided tonight to cancel my order for the Mavic 2 Air combo. I had ordered it directly from DJI on release day but there are too many uncertainties now.....not only about the intelligent flight modes but the whole question about the EASA certification of the Air....looks likely that it will NOT be able to be classified retrospectively.
So until things are clearer then the safe course of action is to cancel and wait and see....the new EASA rules from 1st July are not 100% clear and I do not want to end up with a 1049 euro drone that I cannot fly closer thann 150m to either people or buildings.

So the order was cancelled.

Jerry

Decided tonight to cancel my order for the Mavic 2 Air combo. I had ordered it directly from DJI on release day but there are too many uncertainties now.....not only about the intelligent flight modes but the whole question about the EASA certification of the Air....looks likely that it will NOT be able to be classified retrospectively.
So until things are clearer then the safe course of action is to cancel and wait and see....the new EASA rules from 1st July are not 100% clear and I do not want to end up with a 1049 euro drone that I cannot fly closer thann 150m to either people or buildings.

So the order was cancelled.

Jerry

Unless you absolutely need the drone that might be the best course of action. Too many regulatory uncertainties.

Yep, my feelings exactly. And the mess of the new EASA regulations starting on 1st July was the final nail in the coffin for my order,

Jerry

Yep, my feelings exactly. And the mess of the new EASA regulations starting on 1st July was the final nail in the coffin for my order,

Jerry

FYI, this EASA regulations are being delayed 6 months, so 1-January 2021.

I'm curious to know the answer about these quick shot modes and their resolution and framerate options. I've noticed on YouTube it seems to default to 1080p. Guess we will know soon enough. Seems like a software thing that could be updated as I'm pretty confident the hardware could handle these shots in a higher resolution.

I'm curious to know the answer about these quick shot modes and their resolution and framerate options. I've noticed on YouTube it seems to default to 1080p. Guess we will know soon enough. Seems like a software thing that could be updated as I'm pretty confident the hardware could handle these shots in a higher resolution.
Might also be that it is limited due to processing power. If so then it will be difficult to fix via software.

Jerry

Might also be that it is limited due to processing power. If so then it will be difficult to fix via software.

Jerry

That’s possibly true for things like 4k60 together with active tracking, but i don’t think it can be for quick shots. After all, the Mini does quick shots at 2.7k.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest