DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference from Spinal Cord Stimulator

MavicMark18

Reactions
If you have a SCS (Spinal Cord Stimulator trial or permanent) implant, do you fly while the unit is turned on? If so, have you experienced any type of interference or any anomalies?
I have a Mavic 2 Zoom. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
I had a permanent SCS installed in late November. I was fitted with the external test for a one week trial in October. I did not fly wearing the external batter pack. I flew only two times with the imbedded internal. Both times the stimulation was powered on and working good. (Talk about good vibrations!) It caused absolutely no noticeable interference with the operations of the MAVIC AIR. Haven't tested it (SCS) at the airport yet. My flights were short in duration, about 10 minutes each. They were more of a test to see if I was able to stand that long again. My SCS issue was strictly through a civilian doctor as the VA said nothing was wrong!!! Sure glad they don't waste money.

SIDE NOTE RE SCS: The answer is yes, the SCS has significantly lowered my pain threshold from a level 9.5 of 10 to now about 2 to 1.5. I am once again able to do so many things I could not previously due to the pain. Previously I was getting the needle in the spine once each three months at the VA in Denver. They were great for one day, then the pain all over again. I had request an increase on my disability from the VA, but finally they said no because I did not go see them for about 18 years. True, but living in Colorado Springs with a major military full service hospital just 7 miles away vs the 60 to Denver VA and not having to wait months for a visit. Guess where I went for treatment. The VA works in strange and mysterious ways. The VA did check my hearing, however, and said nothing wrong there, but wait, they gave me a $4k blue-tooth hearing air with free supplies and replacements for life and 10% more disability. But NOTHING WRONG?!?! Only because I was always around things that went BOOM! BANG! or ZOOM! for 24 years.

Reactions: IgorD2
Thats a good question. A few members have pacemakers, but no reports of them interfering.
I have the SCS permanently embedded, the battery is essentially the same as the pacemaker battery. The battery for the SCS is embedded in the top of the buttock area. (I have battery operated farts now!) couldn't resist!!!

I had a permanent SCS installed in late November. I was fitted with the external test for a one week trial in October. I did not fly wearing the external batter pack. I flew only two times with the imbedded internal. Both times the stimulation was powered on and working good. (Talk about good vibrations!) It caused absolutely no noticeable interference with the operations of the MAVIC AIR. Haven't tested it (SCS) at the airport yet. My flights were short in duration, about 10 minutes each. They were more of a test to see if I was able to stand that long again. My SCS issue was strictly through a civilian doctor as the VA said nothing was wrong!!! Sure glad they don't waste money.

SIDE NOTE RE SCS: The answer is yes, the SCS has significantly lowered my pain threshold from a level 9.5 of 10 to now about 2 to 1.5. I am once again able to do so many things I could not previously due to the pain. Previously I was getting the needle in the spine once each three months at the VA in Denver. They were great for one day, then the pain all over again. I had request an increase on my disability from the VA, but finally they said no because I did not go see them for about 18 years. True, but living in Colorado Springs with a major military full service hospital just 7 miles away vs the 60 to Denver VA and not having to wait months for a visit. Guess where I went for treatment. The VA works in strange and mysterious ways. The VA did check my hearing, however, and said nothing wrong there, but wait, they gave me a $4k blue-tooth hearing air with free supplies and replacements for life and 10% more disability. But NOTHING WRONG?!?! Only because I was always around things that went BOOM! BANG! or ZOOM! for 24 years.

Thanks theDRONEranger. Great to hear that the SCS has relieved your pain significantly and you got a cool hearing aid out of the deal too. I didn't think I'd be having any trouble flying w/the unit turned on but better safe than sorry. Keep on having those good vibrations! Lol

I have the SCS permanently embedded, the battery is essentially the same as the pacemaker battery. The battery for the SCS is embedded in the top of the buttock area. (I have battery operated farts now!) couldn't resist!!!

You blow me away.. I couldn't resist either.

I haven't left my house to fly or do much of anything for the past 2 months because of back pain. This is so great to read. My surgeon asked if I had been a bricklayer or had some sort of an accident. I'm not a candidate for surgery. I've been rather depressed about the whole thing so it was nice to read that there are alternatives for dealing with the pain that I hadn't heard of ...yet.

@m chaussettes Sorry to hear about your pain. Iv'e been doing my best to avoid any surgery for years just doing the shots. But I did the trial for the Spinal Cord Stimulator and it worked great for me. I see the surgeon to discuss the implant on the 14th. Can't wait! Looking forward to taking a lot less pills. You ought to check into it.

@m chaussettes Sorry to hear about your pain. Iv'e been doing my best to avoid any surgery for years just doing the shots. But I did the trial for the Spinal Cord Stimulator and it worked great for me. I see the surgeon to discuss the implant on the 14th. Can't wait! Looking forward to taking a lot less pills. You ought to check into it.

I am going to speak to my surgeon on Thursday. Thanks for the input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_