DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Internal storage mystery mini 3 pro RC

Joody

Reactions
I just purchased a second hand mini 3 pro & am a total newbie. Looks like there are lots of smart folks on this forum so I'm hoping someone can solve this mystery for me. Powering on only the RC, I do the double downward swipe & then tap on the cog wheel ( top right ) to get to the pathway for internal storage. Tap on storage & see 5.85 of 8 GB used ( 73% ). Tap on the Photos & videos link ( even though it says 0 ) & lo & behold there is a thumbnail of a file that is titled images 28.67 kb. So there is something there. But when I tap on that thumbnail it says no photos found! The system is saying it is using 4.8 gb so I'm trying to find out 1. where is that photo that takes up 28.67 kb & 2. since it says the system is using 4.8 but the internal storage holds 8 & 5.85 is used, where do I find the other 2gb that have been used. I'm wondering if the previous owner's flight data is in there & if so how do I access it.3. when I want to record my flight data, if I have an sd card in the controller is there a way to direct the flight data to go to internal or sd or does it automatically prioritize one over the other? Thanks in advance for any help. Much appreciated.

Reactions: 4006448
I would try this method if you want to get at those files otherwise you can reformat and clear them out completely:

I just purchased a second hand mini 3 pro & am a total newbie. Looks like there are lots of smart folks on this forum so I'm hoping someone can solve this mystery for me. Powering on only the RC, I do the double downward swipe & then tap on the cog wheel ( top right ) to get to the pathway for internal storage. Tap on storage & see 5.85 of 8 GB used ( 73% ). Tap on the Photos & videos link ( even though it says 0 ) & lo & behold there is a thumbnail of a file that is titled images 28.67 kb. So there is something there. But when I tap on that thumbnail it says no photos found! The system is saying it is using 4.8 gb so I'm trying to find out 1. where is that photo that takes up 28.67 kb & 2. since it says the system is using 4.8 but the internal storage holds 8 & 5.85 is used, where do I find the other 2gb that have been used. I'm wondering if the previous owner's flight data is in there & if so how do I access it.3. when I want to record my flight data, if I have an sd card in the controller is there a way to direct the flight data to go to internal or sd or does it automatically prioritize one over the other? Thanks in advance for any help. Much appreciated.
These tiny thumbnail images aren't photographs per-se. They are low resolution snapshots grabbed automatically and used to give a visual identifier tile for the flight logs the drone keeps. You can access these through the main screen.

These tiny thumbnail images aren't photographs per-se. They are low resolution snapshots grabbed automatically and used to give a visual identifier tile for the flight logs the drone keeps. You can access these through the main screen.
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you can access "these" through the main screen. By these, did you mean the flight logs? I have found those when I go to Profile-on the left hand side of that screen I see hours, meters, etc I have flown & when I tap on more it brings up the individual flights.
Do you have any idea where I can find out what is using the mystery 2 gb I alluded to in my original post?
Thanks for clarifying the thumbnail mystery!

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you can access "these" through the main screen. By these, did you mean the flight logs? I have found those when I go to Profile-on the left hand side of that screen I see hours, meters, etc I have flown & when I tap on more it brings up the individual flights.
Do you have any idea where I can find out what is using the mystery 2 gb I alluded to in my original post?
Thanks for clarifying the thumbnail mystery!
You're welcome. Are all of the flight logs yours? If not, try deleting those associated with the previous owner to see if this decreases that mystery 2gb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne