DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IOS & Android versions of DJIFly App

TVQ

Reactions
I recently switched from using my iPhone (IOS) to the TRIPLTEK Tablet (Android). It appears the Android version of the app is not as far along as the IOS version 1.2.0 vs 1.2.2. When can us Android users expect to see parity with the IOS version?

I recently switched from using my iPhone (IOS) to the TRIPLTEK Tablet (Android). It appears the Android version of the app is not as far along as the IOS version 1.2.0 vs 1.2.2. When can us Android users expect to see parity with the IOS version?
iOS version is now 1.2.4 same as Android. The pic below is a screen shot from my iOS version.1612327708408.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Fly App 1.2.4 on both IOS and Android and so far, they have the same features already.

Setting also do not change even if you shift from IOS to Android and vice versa.

Only major difference I noticed so far is that on IOS, you have the option to switch off phone charging. On android, there is no such option and the controller automatically charges the phone. A bummer since charging really drains the controller's batteries.

Maybe others can chime in for any other differences.

Reactions: YBLee
Sorry but I’m new to android maybe I’m looking in the wrong place for the latest version of the app. I installed the app from the Google App Store and this is where I got version 1.2.0 from, is there someplace else I should be looking?

DJI is no loner posting new Fly app releases to Google Play, last post was for v1.2.1. No official statement from DJI as to why, only speculation from the peanut gallery. Use the link in post #5 above for the latest release of the Fly app for Android. Fly v1.2.4 includes the added feature to notify you and download future Fly app updates when you start the app so that you no longer have to go to DJI's downloads page. When an update is available, this is what the notice will look like when you start the Fly app. In this situation I had only started the Fly app without it being connected to the controller.

1612338530396.png

Reactions: YBLee
Thanks for the responses, I was finally able to update the app on my Android tablet.

New iOS DJI Fly update to 1.2.5 this morning, anyone know what changed if anything? My SC is still at 1.2.2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters