DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS Control App - Kid Mode

SMurphy

Reactions
Hey All,
I've been flying on and off for a few years. I have several kids as family and friends. I'm looking for a control app for my iPhone or iPad that would be used by kids (or terrified adults).

I would like to limit them to a 3D box in the sky. Max Speed, Min and Max altitude, and four corners of a safe flying space (or a center and radius).

In the past I have composed a waypoint mission on Litchi to safely fly a specific path around the house and had the kid control the rotation and forward / backward speed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Steve

I believe you can do this using beginner mode in Go 4.

I've tried beginner mode. I was wanting something smaller and with a specific minimum altitude. I would lift off, get the device in the authorized zone and activate the kid mode. The drone should not then fly below my specific altitude, etc.

I've tried beginner mode. I was wanting something smaller and with a specific minimum altitude. I would lift off, get the device in the authorized zone and activate the kid mode. The drone should not then fly below my specific altitude, etc.

That is going to be a bit tricky, as you can control distance and height in App, but not Minimum height. But in all actuality...a quick instruction and flight guidlines to not pull down on stick should suffice on all that you would deem proper to fly any aircraft, if they can't follow a simple rule I doubt I would ever hand them a controller to begin with..YMMV....Put them on the darn DJI Sim and call it a day :p

"Mavic FPV" app have what you call "kid Mode",
well the app have a function called "virtual polygonal geofence", you can draw the geofence on the map (any shape not only circular) and set the MAX altitude, the MIN altitude and the MAX speed in the area.

"Mavic FPV" app have what you call "kid Mode",
well the app have a function called "virtual polygonal geofence", you can draw the geofence on the map (any shape not only circular) and set the MAX altitude, the MIN altitude and the MAX speed in the area.

I've been offline for a week. I will check this out. Thanks!

I see the value on that. Not only for kids. I was recording a game the other day next to a school. I am not able to fly over the school but I can next to it. Flying in reverse around the park without entering the area because is not legal either having a geo-fence helps a lot.

Reactions: Mitch76
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52