DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 (2015)

patdig

Reactions
FYI. The latest update for the DJI fly app 1.4.0 will not run on the iPad Mini 4 2015 model. The CPU will not handle the updated version. I will have to buy new iPad....see attached comparison CPU's.

Attachments

• ipads.png
    ipads.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0040 copy.png
    IMG_0040 copy.png
    396.4 KB · Views: 54
Same thing happened to me, I also have one of those older iPad Mini 4’s, and that same message popped up while I was flying with the DJI Fly app and MA2. Here’s the screenshot, it was back in January 2021:
26B5B9A9-5C42-4CB2-B2BF-E587D2F0FC6A.jpeg
However, it continued to fly without problems or incidents, and video recording was not affected even with the “cpu overloaded” message that didn’t went away for the rest of the flight.
I then did a hard reset to the iPad and cleaned it; after resetting and reinstalling the apps, the message appeared again a few times in flights, but not always like before doing the reset; and it didn’t seem to affect functionality or flight performance, it just pops up and stays there, but nothing detrimental happens. So maybe a hard reset to the iPad could help.

I have an older iPad Mini 4 and run it in airplane mode with caching turned off. This has minimized the error message -and- I am not experiencing any degradation of performance with these two changes.

I haven't flown in a while due to weather but the other day I updated the firmware on my MA2 and got this message and horrible lag on the video transmission, like 20-30 seconds to my Ipad Mini 4. Then downloaded the latest Fly version and it got a little better. I then shut off Background App Refresh and turned on Airplane mode and transmission lag was even better but I'm still getting the CPU overload message. I'm going to try the cache trick and see what happens. This is disappointing since I have been flying this drone since last summer without an issue..

The iPad mini 4 was fine until DJI added more to its software! Though I agree that the increase in screen brightness would be welcome if we ever get any bright sunlight. Spending another small fortune on a new iPad just to get extra restrictions to your flying or another automated camera action is not really justified.

Unfortunately I’m running the iPad mini 4 2015 or 2016, on a 1day old M3 I get the infamous warning also. My biggest issue I have is this, it has a 1-2 second lag running 4K/60fps and a 2-3 second lag running 5.1 k/ 25fps. 1080p /60 has a 1 second lag. OR, I have other’s issues going on? I don’t know if I should take the Mavic 3 back to BestBuy or wait until the Tripltek 8 pro comes in and see if the lag issue is corrected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121