DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 in portrait mode.

Para4265

Reactions
Hi all. I’m sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I’m just about to buy an iPad mini 4 to use with my Mavic Pro. It won’t fit in landscape mode without a separate tablet holder, will it work in portrait mode on the DJI app? I presume it will be smaller on screen which I don’t mind. Thanks for any replies.

The iPad mini 4 does fit in the Mavic Pro remote in landscape mode, just! That is how I use mine. Home button to the right to keep the magnets away from the hall sensors in the remote controller.

Reactions: Para4265
Hi all. I’m sorry if this has been asked a thousand times, but I’m just about to buy an iPad mini 4 to use with my Mavic Pro. It won’t fit in landscape mode without a separate tablet holder, will it work in portrait mode on the DJI app? I presume it will be smaller on screen which I don’t mind. Thanks for any replies.
No, the app only displays in landscape.

No, the app only displays in landscape.

Hi, thanks for the reply. That was the simple answer I was looking for. FYI, I bought the refurbished iPad mini 4 and it works a treat. I flew it last night for the first time in months.....here’s a shot of Kilkenny Castle in Ireland all dressed in green for St. Patrick. Adjustments.JPG(about two minutes from my house).

Hi, thanks for the reply. That was the simple answer I was looking for. FYI, I bought the refurbished iPad mini 4 and it works a treat. I flew it last night for the first time in months.....here’s a shot of Kilkenny Castle in Ireland all dressed in green for St. Patrick. View attachment 125907(about two minutes from my house).
You're welcome. Normally I'm not known for short answers :) ... Nice photo BTW. Regarding the iPad Mini. I've purchase a number of refurbs (iPads) and had pretty good success, (though all have been from Apple). Keep an eye on how much battery you use/have available. You don't know how many recharges the prior owner used, and if you're only getting 80% on a "full" charge, you might find that intense CPU demands drain the battery faster.

It fits, you just have to force it. It feels like the controller is going to break and then it's difficult to remove it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS