DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPadOS workflow - what are you guys using?

Steve Wells

Reactions
So i discovered a 6ft USB-C to USB-C cable (might be the one that shipped with the Mavic3) works on my iPad 12.9” with DJI Fly ap. I can put the ipad on the center console of my truck and there is enough room for me to stand outside of my trick for VLOS but glance in without any glare and it supports my old man eyes with the bigger screen. I can keep the engine running and the heater running as needed as well. Worst case i step out and unplug if needed for urgent situations. I’m pretty happy with it. I teacher may iPad to my iPhone to file flight plans and sync my Airdata.

I want to keep using the same iPad for all the post photo;video editing work. I discovered LumaFusion which for $30 seems like a really good ear and the video edits seem great. I have a 500GB Sandisk USB-C SSD that goes between the iPad and my NVIDEA steam which i use to proof on clean 4K on my 70” TV. I also have a 2TB google photos/google drive account that i use to archive all my raw footage that i I’m sure at some point I’ll need to either cleanup or just remove.

LumaFusion works with the DJI Mavic 3 LUT and I’ve been tweaking/tuning the default color grade and stabilize and am pretty happy right now with it.
I have ACDSEE for iPADOS for raw files (although I’m not spending much time with it).

What I’d like to have and have yet to figure out is a way to get overlay “cockpit” SRT data on iPadOS. After that I feel like I’d be close to complete. Anyone know of any options?

So why am i not doing all my post of a PC or Mac? My day job and Covid has me in my home office and my home desktop all darn day and the last thing i want to do for fun is sit more at the same desk on the same computer with the same monitors. At least with the iPAD i can sit on the couch next to my fireplace with my wife while messing with drone footage.

Cheers all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78