DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone help please?

umanbean

Reactions
I recently bought a drone +kit from the classifieds here, which included an iPhone 6s plus, iOS 15, and the latest version of the Fly app.

I have zero experience with iOS, and thought this would be a good learning experience.

So far I've only flown it in my backyard, but this morning I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and copy my Trust certificate and some other documents to the Downloads folder on the iPhone. I plugged it into my Windows 10 laptop, all I can see is the DCIM folder, and it won't let me copy anything into it.

How in the world can I get access to the directory structure of this aggravating operating system? iTunes? iCloud? iWHAT???

Thanks in advance for any and all advice and instructions.

I have only ever been able to get into the dcim folder with iOS. If you save your certificate as an image you should be able to upload it. Or just take a photo of it.
Regards

Reactions: umanbean
Emailing the PDFs worked like a charm, thanks again.

The iPhone system is more protected than the Android OS.
Boy that's an understatement brother.

Protected, aggravating, exasperating, unintuitive, limited, hard to figure out even the simplest things that are fall-down-easy on Android.

Obviously I still have many iOS issues to work through. 🙂

Reactions: waynorth
Emailing the PDFs worked like a charm, thanks again.

Boy that's an understatement brother.

Protected, aggravating, exasperating, unintuitive, limited, hard to figure out even the simplest things that are fall-down-easy on Android.

Obviously I still have many iOS issues to work through. 🙂
I’ve been with iOS since getting smart phones beyond the old flip phones. We get the hand me downs from my son and his family.

I have some experience with Android also. I compare the iOS and Android OS’es to Mac and Windows. While Android and Windows can run on a myriad of platforms they also have bug issues to work through due to all the different hardware.

Keep at it and you will find both systems are good to work with. Many times the same app runs better on one system than the other.

There are things to like and dislike about both operating systems. Apple does seem to be at least a little more protected. As was stated Apple has only one phone manufacturer (itself) while android has to be compatible with quite a few.

To get that, you have to put up with Apple and it’s sometimes overprotective helicopter parent ways. Apple knows when to best charge your phone, sometimes stopping partway thinking it will be optimal to top you off later. A number of times I have had to use my phone before it was fully charged.

Don’t get me started with Siri…she is…..

on it… still working on it….something went wrong, please try again later…

Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of apple products, but I am not afraid to branch out.

I am a fan of PDF Expert and Readdle seems to be responsive to its users. There is a fee to access some functions but can’t remember what is free.

Don’t get me started with Siri
I don't use Siri. From the beginning using this iPhone I turned Siri off and I deny Siri access every time I install an app or am otherwise asked.

I just don't like the idea of a phone listening to everything I say.

• Haha
Reactions: Gagey52
While I like many things on my iPhone Siri is not one of them. Pretty sure it is an acronym for “Stupid in repeated instances”

To get that, you have to put up with Apple and it’s sometimes overprotective helicopter parent ways.
Yeah, they have to protect the majority of their users from themselves, I get that. ;) The flip side of that is that it keeps power users from being able to get under the hood.

Being Siri-ous, at least for a minute... both my kids (grown and gone) switched to iPhones after they flew the coop years ago. To this day, neither uses Siri. My daughter lives 3 hours from us and I can see FaceTime being one of the most useful features of this iPhone. It doesn't have a SIM chip (yet?) but my daughter tells me FaceTime will work over wifi.

Plus, I've wanted an iPhone for a long time now just to play with. Now, I'm like the dog that finally catches the car "what do I do with this thing now?" 😂

easy way to move large files from ipad/iphone to computer 👍

easy way to move large files from ipad/iphone to computer 👍
Thanks, but I have external drives of many formats and descriptions, and adapters for micro usb, usb-c, and apples wonderful lightning port. What I need is Windows 10 software that will give me access to more than just the DCIM folder on the iPhone.

Thanks, but I have external drives of many formats and descriptions, and adapters for micro usb, usb-c, and apples wonderful lightning port. What I need is Windows 10 software that will give me access to more than just the DCIM folder on the iPhone.
good luck 😄

iTunes does allow some apps to download their data into a Windows PC. It is not a two way street though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13