DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone using Measure Ground Control - AgEagle

Mark107

Reactions
I have recently been trying out some various systems for mission planning and flight planning and come across Measure Ground Control. I've used it now on a few flights as the free version allows you to fly grid and waypoint flight plans. But I've not heard of many using it. The interesting thing is, from what I can see it's a very complete and good package or at least has been on the 19 or so missions I've flown on it so far.

I was hoping to hear if anyone else has been using it, and what their experiences have been? So far, I'm quite impressed.

M

I've never heard of it "yet". What others have you tried that you're comparing it to?

Reactions: TBTech
Amazing! I have no idea what I'm going to use it for, being just a recreational pilot, but the technology is what intrigues me at this point. I'll have to sleep on it tonight and think of a personal use for it. Thanks for posting, T

I've never heard of it "yet". What others have you tried that you're comparing it to?
I use AirData which I still love, Drone Deploy (Too expensive), I’ve used Map Pilot for years and more recently Map Pilot Pro. I’ve been also using Aloft. All have their pros and cons, but this one is really quite complete.. They also have been making some great feature add-ones since AgEagle purchased them earlier this year. I’m just really impressed with it so far but thought it was odd that I hadn’t heard many people talking about it outside of their own promotional videos. By the way.. it also allows for terrain following even in the free account.

M

The one thing (in my opinion) against them is they are deeply in bed with AirCrap which is a huge show stopper for me.

I use Litchi for most of my preprogrammed flights but when mapping I kind of "Mix it up"... I use DroneDeploy for the flight/data acquisition and MapsMadeEasy for the stitching etc.

The one thing (in my opinion) against them is they are deeply in bed with AirCrap which is a huge show stopper for me.

I use Litchi for most of my preprogrammed flights but when mapping I kind of "Mix it up"... I use DroneDeploy for the flight/data acquisition and MapsMadeEasy for the stitching etc.
Actually they just announced a change and are now partnering with OpenSky. Both in the US and Australia. I have similar feelings about AirMap but they just announced the change a few days ago and should be expecting an update to the software soon.

Reactions: BigAl07
Actually they just announced a change and are now partnering with OpenSky. Both in the US and Australia. I have similar feelings about AirMap but they just announced the change a few days ago and should be expecting an update to the software soon.

For me, that's a huge game changer. I wouldn't even consider reviewing their platform when associated wit AirCrap but with that change I'll def give them a fair look.

Appreciate the update :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun