DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it just me ??

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Seems to be getting worse. There are several of these types of ads showing up on Craigslist. One was(and still is)listing an Inspire2 package for less than 600.00
Are you seeing these ads in your area ???

Seems to be getting worse. There are several of these types of ads showing up on Craigslist. One was(and still is)listing an Inspire2 package for less than 600.00
OfferUp is useless and full of drone scams. I report them and the listings are never removed. There are waves of them that show up on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and Mercari... on those sites if I report them, they disappear so I know someone is listening.

I don't know if its really getting worse but I monitor most of the classified sites and its a regular thing. I stick to face to face meetups for buying and selling and often get great deals....but just as often the "seller" will try to get me to send money, even if they are supposed to be right down the road.

OfferUp is useless and full of drone scams. I report them and the listings are never removed. There are waves of them that show up on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, and Mercari... on those sites if I report them, they disappear so I know someone is listening.

I don't know if its really getting worse but I monitor most of the classified sites and its a regular thing. I stick to face to face meetups for buying and selling and often get great deals....but just as often the "seller" will try to get me to send money, even if they are supposed to be right down the road.
I got one of my M1P's via Offer Up. In all fairness, it was at a local pawn shop and as it was my second M1P they let me power it up in the store, hover, yaw left and right, move it forward, back, left and right. They also cut me a break because it was my birthday. I may have gotten lucky

I got one of my M1P's via Offer Up. In all fairness, it was at a local pawn shop and as it was my second M1P they let me power it up in the store, hover, yaw left and right, move it forward, back, left and right. They also cut me a break because it was my birthday. I may have gotten lucky
I have bought on OfferUp as well..... however they are by far the worst for scams. Almost every poster on OfferUp tries to move you to a payment system outside of the App, like Venmo which offers no money protection. And as I mentioned earlier, they never remove the obvious scam listings that I report. I only buy local so I can see and touch what is offered.

Here is a good example:

81C5B83C-CEB2-429A-9252-80DDF90C10CF_1_201_a.jpeg

And the same posters also always have this impossible list of items to sell:

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 10.11.11 AM.png

OfferUp's Buy Now system allows the seller to turn down the purchase.... so the scammers always say the payment is declined or their bank isn't accepting the transaction. Then they offer to take payment via a cash app instead where there are no protections. These listings stay up for months so there is no telling how many people they suck in and steal from.

I'm not sure why anyone would want one unless you're doing commercial work. They're very big and bulky. You can't hike or bike anywhere with one. The flight time is short, not to mention the high cost of batteries. That's likely why there is no demand, hence very cheap. They look very cool though, I've always been impressed with the engineering aspect of that craft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman