DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

is it legal to fly a drone in Jackson, WY?

motopokep

Reactions
I can't find any prohibition on flying drones in Jackson, WY, which is near Grand Teton National Park. I know it's illegal to fly in the park itself, but Jackson is a town right outside the park, correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it's best to call their police department to get a definite answer.

Reactions: b1xn00d
I wouldn't call the police. Teton is fine as long as you launch from just outside and fly over.

If you want to push it, there are several recent videos from the "banned" areas on YT so I'm guessing drone flights aren't policed too closely. Stay safe but have fun and preserve the memories you want.

You may also want to check the NOTAMS prior to flying. Former VP **** Cheney has a residence in Jackson Hole and when he's in town there's a no fly zone around his home. Other than that I've never had a problem.

814B2CAE-D388-410C-893C-A97C48906FD1.jpg
Looks like there is a lot of room to fly outside the park. You can also request permission to fly in the park, but have a plan for what you want to do during the flight and include it in the request.

Install Aloft on your smartphone to check for areas you want to fly. It is the big brother of the B4UFLY app.

Reactions: motopokep
I can't find any prohibition on flying drones in Jackson, WY, which is near Grand Teton National Park. I know it's illegal to fly in the park itself, but Jackson is a town right outside the park, correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe it's best to call their police department to get a definite answer.
First check might be the DJI flysafe website and see what they're showing, notating restricted and NFZ's. Second check would be Aloft or B4UFly. Next check would be to google Wyoming drone laws and/or Jackson Hole Drone laws.

I skied JH years ago and don't know why I haven't gone back. I suppose it was just easier to fly into SLC (and cheaper) (?).

Reactions: Cecil Webb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom