DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is my Mavic Pro totaled?

Chirp

Reactions
I had a pretty bad crash today into a metal light pole while photographing a building with limited space to fly.

So I hit a metal pole in the parking lot from about 15' high and then the MP fell to the hard surface parking lot below.

I'm pretty sure its toast but I hope some of you can give me an idea of how to handle it. I really don't want to spend $1K on another one right now but if I have to I will.

Here are the symptoms.

After I restarted it after the crash I got a warning that said one of the motors was restricted. I spun all the blades by hand (after I changed them of course) and they all seemed to spin easily and evenly. I didn't see the warning again after I changed the blades.

Upon landing, just as it touches down, it goes crazy and spins around while slightly tilted. The CSC does not stop the motors immediately anymore. It takes a good 5 seconds or so, before the motors stop as it continues to spin around on the ground.

The horizon is now slightly tilted.
The MP has a definite slight lean while hovering and it seems the camera stays aligned with the drone instead of the true horizon.

The camera got scratched on the bottom with a little of the glass getting damaged also. It doesn't seem to be affecting the image though but I haven't had a chance to really test it yet.

The good news it that it still starts up and flies but due to the crazy landings it is pretty much unusable. I would be very surprised if it is fixable but I would like to hear what you guys say.

Thank you very much...

I think it's fixable.

@Thunderdrones could assess the damage and probably repair it for you.

Sounds to me like your downward sensors may be damaged. Clean the sensors, and check the bottom for damage or anything blocking the sensors. You may have dislodged some connectors or done other internal damage. If you post some pictures of the drone, others might be able to give a better assessment. Really, it sounds like you're fortunate that it still flies and that the gimbal wasn't ripped off.

Reactions: kabonski
I agree, it sounds like yours is in a lot better shape than most of them that crash. I also suggest contacting Thunderdrones and if he gives the green light pack it up and ship it to him. It will be a lot cheaper and quicker than dealing with DJI.

Rob

Reactions: kabonski
I think it's fixable.

@Thunderdrones could assess the damage and probably repair it for you.

Sounds to me like your downward sensors may be damaged. Clean the sensors, and check the bottom for damage or anything blocking the sensors. You may have dislodged some connectors or done other internal damage. If you post some pictures of the drone, others might be able to give a better assessment. Really, it sounds like you're fortunate that it still flies and that the gimbal wasn't ripped off.

Thank You!
That is unexpected and great news... I'll be cautiously optimistic.

I agree, it sounds like yours is in a lot better shape than most of them that crash. I also suggest contacting Thunderdrones and if he gives the green light pack it up and ship it to him. It will be a lot cheaper and quicker than dealing with DJI.

Rob

Thank You!
That is unexpected and great news... I'll be cautiously optimistic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karajovic